Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Sure different developers - but from what I understand there's been a crossover of resources...
Resources as in visual assets that are probably the AFL licensed things. Otherwise, Wicked Witch did the Wii 'AFL' game - which AFL Live 2 looks near identical to - and is almost certainly the origin of 90% of the game's content.

You can't infer anything about Big Ant from AFL Live 2.

If you need a dose of negativity about Big Ant to dampen your hopes, you could look at the complaints on the Tru Blu facebook page about RLL2 like this,
I regret buying rugby league live 2, nothing was ever good about it you said you removed the lag after the dlc update i paid the full price it lags it glitches and on first tackle it automatically went to 5th tackle hows that work?? hope i get some support here never happy with the game you guys created wouldn't even pay $30 for rugby league live 2 at the moment it's a joke...

But I suppose you could also blame them for things they have no involvement in as well.

Not at all.

Both published by same company. the "crossover of resources" ends there.

(a publisher just throws money at a game and promotes/advertises it)

Crossover of resources doesn't end there. Crossover of staffing resources on the quality side of things

Crossover of staffing resources on the quality side of things
And you know this because?

Tru Blu aren't doing the QA on DB14 if that's what you're implying, Big Ant have already talked about their QA in India for the game, and HBK who works in QA at Big Ant in Melbourne posts on here!

Big Ant certainly had nothing to do with developing or QAing for AFL Live 2 - if they were involved they would have made the whole thing as a sequel on the same codebase and not have a different company port a Wii game.

Crossover of resources doesn't end there. Crossover of staffing resources on the quality side of things

Ha ha! You just look for shite to shoot! If you could somehow link BA to what is happening in Syria right now you would give it a go. Classic my man. Classic. You need to listen more to good old Sue Ridgepipe. Now that be a girl who know where she be comin' from, you dig my drift brother....mmm,mmmm,

Last edited by a moderator:
HIf you could somehow link BA to what is happening in Syria right now you would give it a go...

Anyone done a chemical weapons test on that cannon in the BigAnt office?

...or on Dutch's toaster?

Biggs watch out for cake made of goats eyeballs an camel crap. Very readily available in Syria.

This message is hidden because SuperCockIAm is on your ignore list.

Can people please stop quoting this guy? Seriously when you quote him I have to see his posts and I quite prefer the above.... I guess posting "We have no relationship with AFL Live 2" is not clear enough. Moron.

----------

Missing those days when Ross used to surprise us with screenshots, academy updates, batting/bowling controls a day or two before friday's. Now there's nothing coming out even on friday's... :noway

Yeah, as MattW said, missed one Friday in months but added a Tuesday - off to set myself on fire in the City Square... bye.

Let it rain toasters, let it rain!

----------

sorry guys, I dont know what made me think you guys were involved with this game, my bad

It's a reasonable mistake for you to make given our history with the AFL game.

Not a reasonable mistake for SuperCockHeIs as his posts followed my clarification.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, hadn't seen it - worth investigation.

So same Publisher means the game might have the same mistakes? I hope Universal Studios makes Despicable Me 2 better than Fast and Furious 6. Better not have the same problems that FF6 had.

Thanks for that, hadn't seen it - worth investigation.

It's a great incentive to target potential customers who intend to give the game a miss coz they are planning to upgrade to next gen consoles. Obviously you can't subsidize DBC14 at the same level as the big titles but it would be great to get some sort of discount/subsidy on the PS4/Xbox One version next year.

Last edited:
Has anything been confirmed for this friday yet? Sorry, been a bit out of touch with the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread