Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I *almost* agree. But I'd say that an apology is owed.
An explanation is not: there's all sorts of circumstances that mean that's not always possible.

Yeah, noted, this is certainly true a lot of the time.

Not too much has changed, we are just getting it set for release - I expect it to be released at the same time as Ashes 201X or before depending on when they are done :)

ross!! it's totally my opinion. i don't think u guys should go head to head with ashes cricket 13 and release the game at the same time. because ashes is a renowned game. it has much more popularity than yours as u guys are releasing a cricket game for the 1st time. undoubtedly they will sell more copies than yours and your game will not be able to sell good amount of copies due to it.not too many people would like to spend money in 2 cricket games i think. u can notice the popularity when you are comparing the fb page likes. so i think mid october will be the best time for releasing the game.. as there will be no such things that will work in a cricket lovers mind before buying a game..thanks.. if i said something wrong then um apologizing for advance

ross!! it's totally my opinion. i don't think u guys should go head to head with ashes cricket 13 and release the game at the same time. because ashes is a renowned game. it has much more popularity than yours as u guys are releasing a cricket game for the 1st time. undoubtedly they will sell more copies than yours and your game will not be able to sell good amount of copies due to it.not too many people would like to spend money in 2 cricket games i think. u can notice the popularity when you are comparing the fb page likes. so i think mid october will be the best time for releasing the game.. as there will be no such things that will work in a cricket lovers mind before buying a game..thanks.. if i said something wrong then um apologizing for advance

i think this related to table top cricket, which is not quite the same.

bradman is confirmed as being "before ashes" which i think we are assuming mid/late october, unless of course ashes is pushed back/cancelled in which case bradman might come out when ashes was supposed to come out.

TTC is confirmed as being "after bradman" and so that would be mid november (which is when ashes is due out).

i think TTC is seen as not really a "competitor" to either of the other cricket titles (except in an opportunity cost kind of way)

I'd rather just get the game and not blab on about semantics, but that's just me. Just gimmie the damn game...

I understand your sentiment however there does need to be a line drawn.... how many times do you get to go to the well? What can be believed?

Hi Guys,

I am Mike Fegan from Trickstar Games and I'm here to give dispel unfounded rumours and misinformation on the Ashes Cricket 2013 game. Fell free to ask me questions and within reason I will give you my open and honest responses.

Has any of the above been achieved in any way at all? What do you now know about the game that you didn't know before? Other than the consistency of more dates and promises being broken?

Is "we have all that and more" so ridiculous as to be thrown away? I think so, but far from retraction it is answered with an affirmative underlining of the statement by way of saying that the "all that and more" will be revealed in early September.

It's OK to not say a word however there is an understanding that when you do say something that you are good to it and will be held to account.

It's also about glass houses and claims of moral superiority, out of all of it that's the bit that pisses me off the most - that and the idea that he tried to stop my game getting into your hands by misleading Cricket Australia.

----------

We are not going head to head with Ashes 201X, we are coming in 2013!

i think TTC is seen as not really a "competitor" to either of the other cricket titles (except in an opportunity cost kind of way)

Hey - have you seen the TTC video? Way better than the Vine and it has fielding*

*if you "nudge" the table the players move to catch the ball between their legs.

It is a superb idea to pit TTC against Ashes 13. By that time, the credence of Bigant will have been established with regards to cricket games thanks to likely success of DBC 14 (if it is released earlier which is the probable scenario). Fans will know which developers deliver when it comes to cricket games.

I said a while back, release TTC day and date with AC13.

TTC is a 2013 product also... so that might not occur.

I suddenly feel the need to buy a kilt in case I need to head to Bourke Street....

Let's remember....this forum is not made up of 'average gamers'. The average gamer isn't following a game THIS closely before launch.

exactly, it has all that and and moreTM no way it's a competitor to AC

So I went off to buy ALLTHATANDMORE.COM before one of you bastards did.... looks like I was too late!

ALLTHATANDMORE.COM is available.
is at auction through GoDaddy Auctions?
A$1,831.61 Current bid

----------

Let's remember....this forum is not made up of 'average gamers'. The average gamer isn't following a game THIS closely before launch.

I've played some of the guys here online and they are decidedly "average".

So I went off to buy ALLTHATANDMORE.COM before one of you bastards did.... looks like I was too late!
fl9H2Jb.png

Alright...

I understand your sentiment however there does need to be a line drawn.... Has any of the above been achieved in any way at all? What do you now know about the game that you didn't know before? Other than the consistency of more dates and promises being broken?

Well, give us me a bit of credit, we're a bit savvier than that around these parts. We know the wool has been pulled a few times and we know that there's troubles on the project that are being hidden away, but I honestly don't think we need to be told the gritty details because we can pretty much guess that the thing is limping to the finish line at this point. I have to believe they are trying their best though and I don't honestly believe any beating of the dead horse is going to help because, lets face it, you're running away with this thing in the court of public opinion and that is fully justifiable because you've delivered every single time. I doubt there's one person on this forum that isn't there day one, in the line, cash in hand when it comes to DBC14 for this very reason.

Where Mike non-comments sit in the grand pantheon of time after the release of his game (if it happens) won't really matter because the game will be judged as it should be; As a product, not as a comment on a forum.

Is "we have all that and more" so ridiculous as to be thrown away? I think so, but far from retraction it is answered with an affirmative underlining of the statement by way of saying that the "all that and more" will be revealed in early September.

But we all know it's bullshit... that's the thing. It was an over-enthusiastic reply on social media that's mostly been badgered with the lowest common denominator fans, so he's playing to the crowd there. I don't see it as the big smoking gun like, perhaps, you do... because it probably affects you more because he's had a couple of swipes at your product now, via Cricket Australia and now with the "and more" comment but as a CONSUMER... the former doesn't affect me and the latter is clearly just silly, because it's not possibly true. Is that worth the battle to apologize for it, given the context of the statement? Not for me.

It's OK to not say a word however there is an understanding that when you do say something that you are good to it and will be held to account.

I totally agree, oftentimes I'll stand by things I've said even though many others disagree. I'm fine with that, because my position 80% of the time is bang on. But I'm human, so I'll get it wrong. Mike is in a situation where he's clearly got it wrong NUMEROUS times now, but he's standing by his "early September" and he's standing by his "...and more" because, from his perspective, he must believe in those statements. We'll be the judge (or not) in November. There's really not much point pursuing any more accountability until the game is released, because then proof will be in the pudding for the consumer.

It's also about glass houses and claims of moral superiority, out of all of it that's the bit that pisses me off the most - that and the idea that he tried to stop my game getting into your hands by misleading Cricket Australia.

Exactly, but devils advocate here... that's a battle that really only affects you, because he was never going to win it and your game was never going to not be released because of it. I imagine, had anything gone further it would've meant a few small changes to the way the academy works (randomly generated player-names or whatever) and problem solved. But it was never going to get that far...

...that and, when you're the guy ratting on someone else, you've already lost the battle at that point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread