Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'll go back and have another look at Cricket Coach... it's been a while.

Damn... forgot it was Friday the 13th... really should have thought of something. Seems every day or at least every week is something or other...

Here's something you may wanna try... tie Mike M or HBK to a chair and force them to talk about different aspects of the game, or exciting games they had with AI and make a video diary out of it :p

They're already shackled to their chairs, with remote controlled toaster attachments, of course, I normally don't let them talk though... they work harder that way.

7g04-big.jpg

Since every bloody game out there has a zombie mode etc at the moment why dont you just release the details of the DBC14 zombie mode for friday 13th....surely you have one just to be like everybody else :p

Last edited:
Since every bloody game out there has a zombie mode etc at the moment why dont you just release the details of the DBC14 zombie mode for friday 13th....surely you have one just to be like everybody else :p

never thought to cross the two...it could be that each fielder is a zombie but in a cage. If you hit the ball on the up and get caught, that zombie's cage is then opened. And all you have is a cricket bat :lol

^ ROFL. Love the idea of a zombie mode

Or you could have the regular zombie-wave thing. You have to kill waves of zombies by facing a bowling machine and hitting shots in their direction. Perfect timing and placement = instant kill. And the zombie count increases with every wave :D

Trickstar aren't the only company that can make cricket games besides Big Ant.

If you need a hint that there are more out there,

Now if it weren't for other companies considering making cricket games, then 505 wouldn't have needed to pay triple the licensing fee...
Obviously however, Big Ant are the only ones willing at this point to put a broadly unlicensed title out on the market, while other companies would want to leverage the licence to push into the market. This will be 505's first cricket game remember, they almost certainly couldn't have done it without a major license - same with their first Rugby game being for the World Cup.

Ah... no... they just paid way too much for the license - there were only two bidders - lol :)

Same for the World Cup - HB Studios created the game and got the license, they then went and shopped it to all and sundry but ended up with 505 (they nearly had EA interested but the numbers did not get them there).

The only BIGANT plate I don't own :)

...that guy drives the right brand though :yes

Ah... no... they just paid way too much for the license - there were only two bidders - lol
:facepalm

Still - I'm aware of other companies besides Trickstar and Big Ant working on cricket games or who I've heard credible suggestions of their interest. Trickstar failing with AC13 would be a shame for the local industry, and I wish them success, but it doesn't mean there's again automatically a situation of no competition.

@Ross
How far back did Trickstar realize that they will be having stiff competition from you guys? I ask because I fee thatl the lack of effort in their game may have been partly due to them being oblivious of any competition at all.

@Ross
How far back did Trickstar realize that they will be having stiff competition from you guys?

Never saw it coming in their worst nightmares until the 3rd/4th DBC14 screens hit the fans...

@Ross
I fee thatl the lack of effort in their game may have been partly due to them being oblivious of any competition at all.

Right...That, and no passion for cricket itself.. you don't really need to put "all of that and more" into a game to make a business out of cricket hungry fans... Unless there was someone lurking in the shadows with really more features, they would've reached millions just by releasing a float-head cricket...

:facepalm

Still - I'm aware of other companies besides Trickstar and Big Ant working on cricket games or who I've heard credible suggestions of their interest. Trickstar failing with AC13 would be a shame for the local industry, and I wish them success, but it doesn't mean there's again automatically a situation of no competition.

There are not many competitors that are on current-gen console and have Ps4 and Xbox One dev etc.. but regardless of that, as you say, there are Cricket games being developed that I know of too.

The competition as I see it is broader than Cricket games - I find Madden, FIFA, MLB, etc.. inspirational and we strive to compete with those guys, and one day hopefully we will get to be on our fifth or sixth iteration and be able to give it a good shot.

Users who are viewing this thread