Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

There's a joke in here somewhere.... somewhere... easy... um... something something hot receptionist... something... her licensed material... something... easy... it'll come to me...

sneaking unlicensed material through the back door?

sneaking unlicensed material through the back door?

well... that's the best thing about the game being ours... previously I was always getting caned by publishers for leaking stuff, now I just do whatever.... :p

Moist.

...conditions on the outfield.

Don't know the details of this ad, obviously, but fairly commonplace for publishers to do deals with retailers in all sorts of ways. Exclusive Pre-Order incentives, joint adverts, sometimes even exclusive distribution. All sorts of different things.

On your other point though, as far as I know, there IS no specific release date currently, and "November" is as close as they have announced? I thought that was where they were at? That would indicate to me that they are confident in hitting November, but don't want to indicate a particular date until closer to the time, which seems sensible?

I don't think it's indicative of confidence at all, in the June issue they had coming 21/6/13!!! And a review in July issue, which must have gone to print before the delay. Dunno how much trickster are paying to advertise in The Cricketer but its ridiculous to publicly advertise assets you don't have or can't produce!!!

I don't think it's indicative of confidence at all, in the June issue they had coming 21/6/13!!! And a review in July issue, which must have gone to print before the delay. Dunno how much trickster are paying to advertise in The Cricketer but its ridiculous to publicly advertise assets you don't have or can't produce!!!

I agree: the ads would have been placed at a time when that was the release date intended. Lead times on print magazines vary, but usually they are quite a while in advance of when the start to appear on shelves.

Tomoro is Friday the 13th so maybe a screenie of a bobbleheads gettin his head knocked off or a headless mike fegan wandering round like a lost soul!!!!

Damn... forgot it was Friday the 13th... really should have thought of something. Seems every day or at least every week is something or other...

Ross do you remember my Almanac question? Any chance of spilling some beans?

Users who are viewing this thread