Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Nice little story thought worth sharing

Bradman captains World XI | Sport24

Some interesting selections. All great players. I'm probably a bit surprised that Gilchrist didn't get picked as he was something very special (and I have always been a massive Ian Healy fan).

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think of other players who were great. haha

Great to see The Don as Captain... can't wait to bat as the great man sometime before Christmas ;)

Some interesting selections. All great players. I'm probably a bit surprised that Gilchrist didn't get picked as he was something very special (and I have always been a massive Ian Healy fan).

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think of other players who were great. haha

Great to see The Don as Captain... can't wait to bat as the great man sometime before Christmas ;)

Am I missing something with the Knott selection? I can't comprehend him being selected ahead of Gilchrist on those statistics.

Am I missing something with the Knott selection? I can't comprehend him being selected ahead of Gilchrist on those statistics.

It's the Greatest of All Time from a English cricket magazine. I don't think it is too much of a surprise that there are 4 Englishmen in the side.

I don't know why Gilly missed out. Perhaps he wasn't the 'greatest' keeper of all time, but definitely one of the best going around. However, his batting record just puts him above and beyond every other keeper/batsman to play the game.

My gut tells me that due to our playsession on 7 November that sometime soon there will be an announcement from 505/Trickstar that Ashes will try to make the end of November.

Well this is certainly...interesting.

Lets see the 'spirit' of this gut feeling get misinterpreted

Last edited:
If you're looking for a wicket keeper/batsman then I would go for gilchrist but Healy was a better keeper than Gilly and Knott was the best of them all, old iron gloves was pretty good also!!nowadays it's all about wk/bat but traditionally you would pick the best keeper, which is Knott!! With that batting line up who needs a wk/bat anyway??

----------

If Ross, you believe ashes will try for late November surely this gives even more reason to get DB out first, maybe giving yourself a week or two before they do??

Last edited:
My gut tells me that due to our playsession on 7 November that sometime soon there will be an announcement from 505/Trickstar that Ashes will try to make the end of November.

If that ends up being the case Ross does that mean that you will once again be forced to wait for the competition and see what they do before you release the game, possibly delaying the game even further?

Oh and McGrath should be in the World XI without any question.

People really do like glorifying old retired players a lot. :p I am saying it as a general statement...not directed at anyone or any particular player.

Snowy...what misinterpretation are you talking about? Ross made it pretty obvious with that statement that dbc will come out on 28th november. Clear as water. Write it down..preorder the game.

People really do like glorifying old retired players a lot. :p I am saying it as a general statement...not directed at anyone or any particular player.

Snowy...what misinterpretation are you talking about? Ross made it pretty obvious with that statement that dbc will come out on 28th november. Clear as water. Write it down..preorder the game.

Where has Ross done so?

I've never known people to read to much into Ross's comments in these forums. On a side note, with Ross not being around much this week. That must mean the game will be cancelled or push backed to 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread