Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Yep block I agree, I think with all the assets DB14 has I would have bought it had it been released at the same time as AC13,purely seeing the back of the box!!!, but at that time I didn't know DB14 existed!!! It's worked out well in the end for DB I think because now we know AC is buggy at best, and it doesn't have the graphics or content of DB. There's no way I can see myself buying AC especially once DB in in my machine, the only other game ill play is TTC.

I certainly don't blame the agency for AC13. You can only work with what you've got and there weren't even any screens for the first 6 months of promotion or so.

The biggest question now is when will they show up again and what will they do.
1. Cancel game.
2. Say sorry again with a promise of a jan/feb release.
3. Release a buggy ashes 2013 in November.
4. Sell more kitchens.
5. More nothing.

Option 6 : False Promises.

I certainly don't blame the agency for AC13. You can only work with what you've got and there weren't even any screens for the first 6 months of promotion or so.

Its amazing how much they put into it at first before they had any assets let alone a game, and how little they've given since.

Its amazing how much they put into it at first before they had any assets let alone a game, and how little they've given since.

Ohh c'mon they have given us "Hang in there" "Early September" and you don't have to look further if you are looking to re-build your kitchen!.... :p

Last edited:
Ohh c'mon they have given us "Hang in there" "Early September" and you don't have to look further if you are looking to re-build your kitchen!....

I stand corrected!!!lol

Don't confuse the PR agency with the producer. None of that has come from them.

I can't say I understand barmy, I thought it all kind of tied in together, I am not in the industry so maybe I shouldn't have said owt, but whoever it is, it's disappointing the early promo wasn't followed through with as much gusto!

i was originally in exactly the same position, not aware of BigAnt but looking forward to Ashes (based on knowing nothing about the game other than its existence).

i was thinking about that the other day, in relation to the two going head to head and which has the more powerful license etc. it's hard to go back to the time when i knew nothing about either game, and i don't think this would ever have been a possible scenario as Big Ant weren't looking to go head to head at the time, but...

if in June I had walked into a store to get Ashes, and saw a Bradman game on the shelf too, there is no way I am not at least picking the game up and looking at it / considering it. It's Bradman!! At that point it'd come down to features etc. And career-mode is the game changer. I would almost certainly have bought it based on career mode, or gone to a starbucks and googled to find out more about the game buying either. Not to mention, the images on the back of Bradman would be much better.

Personally, not being a huge fan of ashes 09 or 10, I was more excited about the big ant game due to it being developed by a company who seemed "big" (pun intended) and experienced enough to develop a sports simulation. Having said so, i did expect a lot from ashes 13. I was one of the very few who actually liked the screenshots they released and defended those. Flawed though they were, i absolutely HATED the over-saturated and cartoonish look of ashes 09 and 10 and took it as a welcoming change. If released in june, I would have definitely picked it up to give it a go and then sell it if it turned out to be the same.

I can't say I understand barmy, I thought it all kind of tied in together, I am not in the industry so maybe I shouldn't have said owt, but whoever it is, it's disappointing the early promo wasn't followed through with as much gusto!

Well basically we got a campaign from February to late May and then 505 and Trickstar turned off the info and there was nothing for the PR agency to do. We eventually got some screens but if I were them I wouldn't be happy that their name is now associated with this product when they've not done anything wrong and done the best with the poor material they've been given.

And 'poor' is being kind.

It's one thing to post an early development screenshot with gloves that look like oven mits. It's another thing to have a floating head and a backwards bat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread