Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Carrying this over from the Ashes forum,

i thought, bringin CA up to v1.0 would be part of the day one patch? either way, i would be surprised if you'd release with CA having issues even it was server side problems.
Keep in mind that the CA included in the game went through all the QA process that the rest of the game did - while the beta we're using had to be ripped out and made on a fairly low budget just for our sake.

I would suggest that a lot of the bugs come out of a process of relying on data from the full game - the team linking for example meant they had to bring the player components out of the game at a late stage. Likewise, skill assignments would make a huge amount more sense when you can play with the resulting teams to adjust balance.

As a broader idea, part of the reason developer support is important, and that a company that patches their games is good is that so much of these things don't come up in the test environments. The general public manage to break anything.

Ross has said the play sessions are going to be on final code, so if they're confident enough in the 7th to set a play session for that date, then I think they are in a position to release from any date after that. Past history suggests the gap between play session and release is short.

Keep in mind that the CA included in the game went through all the QA process that the rest of the game did - while the beta we're using had to be ripped out and made on a fairly low budget just for our sake.

Ah, now that I didn't know. Would change a lot. I thought it was a "true" beta in that it was still being developed as was part of the day one patch. If it's been done then yeah, there should be much less of an issue.

Though if we have found any additional bugs that are outside of just not having full game data, it still applies that they'd have to go over work already considered "done" to make sure the fix for a didn't break b.

----------

My bad... I think I saw what I wanted to see... that being 'tits' :D

to be fair tits is usually the most important bit.

Ah, now that I didn't know. Would change a lot. I thought it was a "true" beta in that it was still being developed as was part of the day one patch. If it's been done then yeah, there should be much less of an issue.
There'd obviously be parts added to the academy based on our feedback and included in the beta that would need to find their way back to the game itself that would be part of either the day one or future patches.

I suppose it depends how much they can modify remotely in the academy without patches.

I would disagree, there is nothing better than tapping on your bongos while eating nice heavy beacon sandwich. If I couldn't eat a beacon sandwich than I don't think the world could rotate.

I can just see Ross dropping his vegemite sandwich when he reads Mike Fegan has won marketing campaign of the year for Ashes 13

You are kidding right? Below are but two of many - these guys handing out marketing awards really know their stuff!! :p

Low Budget Campaign
Things With Wings - Ashes Cricket 2013 Video Game: Inspiring The Grassroots Community
UK Social Media Communiations Awards 2013

Best use of social networking
Ashes Cricket 2013 Video Game: Inspiring the grassroots community
505 Games
Agency: Things with Wings
CorpComms - Awards - Digi - Shortlist

well i was kidding yeah... but goes to show truth is stranger than fiction.

best use of social media??? my god.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Scanners_head_explode_screenshot.jpg
    Scanners_head_explode_screenshot.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
well i was kidding yeah... but goes to show truth is stranger than fiction.

best use of social media??? my god.

"Inspiring the grassroots community" - you're a part of the community, not feeling inspired?

Users who are viewing this thread