Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I've never known people to read to much into Ross's comments in these forums. On a side note, with Ross not being around much this week. That must mean the game will be cancelled or push backed to 2016.

Oh behave! :lol

There's a front of the helmet camera available in the game if you think that the view is hard in the helmet mode...[Source: From Ross]:thumbs

I believe he is asking about the overlay, as in the score/TV style overlay, and can it be removed when playing in the 'Pro Cam' mode.

My gut tells me that due to our playsession on 7 November that sometime soon there will be an announcement from 505/Trickstar that Ashes will try to make the end of November.

I wonder what impact that 'gut feeling' feeling will have? lolololol

Last edited:
That he's aware of the tricks they might pull to try and detract from them and will have a plan to counter that?

Ashes can't make November.

That he's aware of the tricks they might pull to try and detract from them and will have a plan to counter that?

Ashes can't make November.

Interesting proposition that they could come out and say 'we're still trying to release in November' when in reality they could have no intention of releasing the game that month (if at all)

Unless there is an announcement tomorrow/early next week, November 14th could be looking unlikely (given the time between announcement and release of previous games has been approx 3-4 weeks)

Interesting proposition that they could come out and say 'we're still trying to release in November' when in reality they could have no intention of releasing the game that month (if at all)
It's kinda like saying in May that you'll be out in July when it was already impossible.

Given Ashes 13 history, it wouldn't surprise me that right up until the 27th November they tow the company line by saying 'on course for a release' and the ever classic 'hang in there'.

AC is gonna come with new slogan...

Ashes Cricket 13
An ultimate challenge of "Hanging in there"

It's a master stroke to care more about the competition than the lack of quality product

AC is gonna come with new slogan...

Ashes Cricket 13
An ultimate challenge of "Hanging in there"

They should change the name to Michael Atherton cricket with that slogan.!!!

surely it's not credible to claim they will try and hit Nov unless they finally show assets?

also, to do so they would have to come out and say they are trying to hopefully miss the start of the series in their best case scenario? seems to me that'd brew up a sh*tstorm. they'd be better off keeping shtum and land it whenever they can... if they can?

wouldn't an announcement like that actually help Big Ant? 505 come out and say "hang in there again, we're trying to make end of november" and big ant could say - forget trying, here's our game... DEFINITELY out 28/11*...

regarding the world xi - yeah gilly should be in for knott; mcgrath obviously a fantastic bowler, but hard to decide who to dropp? to me grace and knott were the only two players there definitely not worth a place. there a plenty of other players who you would say were unlucky to miss out, but equally very hard to say who you'd drop.

sample date, choose your own if you don't like that one

They won't use the word try in their announcement, that was just my take on it, instead they will announce a hard date just like they did for 21 June* - I would love to see some assets that are assets too :p

*I've been wrong before, but not about Ashes 2013 :p

ok... but if they said "we will release 28th Nov", and didn't, surely that would be it for them? they couldn't release at all after that?

Yes they could, anyone that can do the early September shenanigans and blame their family for it can do anything! A bit like blaming me for leaking the phone number... then finding it being listed in the white pages and then not apologising - nothing is too embarrassing and anything is possible :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread