Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I wonder what vision will be used when there is a rain delay. I remember one cricket game I have played that showed the pitch under covers and the clock spinning to indicate how much time was being lost. I'm assuming that the ball or the pitch will behave differently after a rain delay due to pitch sweating or dampness on the ball.

I wonder what vision will be used when there is a rain delay. I remember one cricket game I have played that showed the pitch under covers and the clock spinning to indicate how much time was being lost. I'm assuming that the ball or the pitch will behave differently after a rain delay due to pitch sweating or dampness on the ball.

That was graham Gooch cricket!!!

I pray directly to Ross. He sends me all the signs via spoken word. I am his messenger, call me Pope Bigedict I

Bigedict??

Wasn't he in the life of Brian!!!! Lol

Hmmm. I don't know if the official forum is a terribly reliable source of information! Sadly. I think I'll believe it when someone like Barmy or Matt hear something down the pipeline...

Ross has been nailing it to, he doesn't think they're making November.

This is true, but I also think an announcement saying that they will make November is imminent, which is more related to trying to take some gloss from the 7 November premiere than anything else.

All they're saying is that the release date is still November which is no different to saying the release date was still June 21st until it wasn't.

I think they are only saying it's not cancelled at this point, not that they will make November (that will come though, see above).

Unless they're providing screens and video then I don't think it's going to steal anyones thunder...

Ad Barmy pointed out, they were saying all this last time right up until the day before.

They wouldn't do that again... cough July cough would they?

July... September... It's a every three monthly celebration!

Ross: Can you post the poster of the controls as a friday special??:)

I think Ashes is ready just whenever they go to release Mike Fegan gets his period and doesn't want us ungrateful and insensitive men to have it,cos we are just like all the other men

I thought the Friday special was that two-pizzas and coke for $19.95 - I'll be pissed if I get a controls flyer instead!

This is true, but I also think an announcement saying that they will make November is imminent, which is more related to trying to take some gloss from the 7 November premiere than anything else.

do you not think that announcing and missing a third date would be hugely counter productive? i'd think it would be self-defeating, since they'd be drawing attention on to cricket games, only to show the world they're still not ready and their rivals are?

would there also come a time where the licensors might want to stop their name being dragged through the mud? (or is the money just too tempting.)

Last edited:
They've been paid :)

----------

They might see a royalty....

do you not think that announcing and missing a third date would be hugely counter productive? i'd think it would be self-defeating, sincde they'd be draing attention on to cricket games, only to sho the world they're still not ready and their rivals are?
It might help push along that sense of 'all cricket games suck'. Just today I saw an article saying "I'll believe it when I see it" for Big Ant's game because of Trickstar's failures.

If you get the market thinking all games suck, and yours is the cheaper gamble (if you actually release at some point) then you might end up on top.

Very, very, cynical strategy, but they haven't got much else at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread