Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

As I've said all along... a pox on all our houses.

I think they might announce the release date on midnight and release the game after 8-10 hrs after announcing similar to how Ross releases videos...:D:lol

It might help push along that sense of 'all cricket games suck'. Just today I saw an article saying "I'll believe it when I see it" for Big Ant's game because of Trickstar's failures.

If you get the market thinking all games suck, and yours is the cheaper gamble (if you actually release at some point) then you might end up on top.

Very, very, cynical strategy, but they haven't got much else at this point.

well, not to start a whole thing, but that's why i consider beating them to the punch so important. if DBC was in people's hands on 14 Nov, Ashes 13 missing 28 Nov is gonna be about as relevant as bringing out a new leech medicine the day after they discovered penicillin.

well, not to start a whole thing, but that's why i consider beating them to the punch so important.
And they will.

The simple factor is that the more advanced notice that Big Ant give of their release date, the more time Ashes could run a spoiler strategy. If Ross can announce on the 7th that the game is out on the 14th (hey, Apple do it with iPhones) - they get nothing, they lose.

And they will.

The simple factor is that the more advanced notice that Big Ant give of their release date, the more time Ashes could run a spoiler strategy. If Ross can announce on the 7th that the game is out on the 14th (hey, Apple do it with iPhones) - they get nothing, they lose.

I hope so; not only because i just wanna play!!

Guessing what the ashes team will do, god I can not see the future. Yoda please help us, I have called for you before and nothing.:eek:

If Ross can announce on the 7th that the game is out on the 14th (hey, Apple do it with iPhones) - they get nothing, they lose.

only 1 week is enough to ship the game to all major cricketing nations? or they might have already started shipping?

only 1 week is enough to ship the game to all major cricketing nations? or they might have already started shipping?

If they have started shipping someone can find out, anyone know someone working as a loader in the ports???

Who said the game is being shipped to all major cricket nations to be released on day one?

Digital download, if we're lucky. But I would not expect a worldwide day one release.

But I would not expect a worldwide day one release.
Even if that just means it comes out on the Saturday of the week in the UK like most other game releases.

I would suggest the major four markets that Ross highlighted within a week or so of eachother and the others slowly coming in after that.

Even if that just means it comes out on the Saturday of the week in the UK like most other game releases.

UK release day is traditionally Friday.

Some go to Tuesday to try and get a head-start on sales (the charts count sales Tues-Mon, so it gives you a big advantage for your first week. And the higher you are first week, the better your subsequent sales!)

If you release Saturday you would only get two days of sales in the chart data. Not recommended.

Yeah. Could go the Tuesday after the Australian launch maybe? The Australian date will their major focus either way...

I'd say UK / AUS within maybe a week of each other, then a roll out across your NZ, SA markets over the remaining months and so on from there. Unless there's a digital download option day one, which would be highly unlikely, maybe on the PS/Xbox stores...

aren't worldwide same day releases a good way to combat piracy?

e.g. if there was a country very in to cricket, not a huge gaming market (though growing) but known to also have a high levle of piracy, isn't saying "you can't have this game for another month (or more)" guaranteeing increased piracy?

Region blocking doesn't stop it on same-day release movies, television or games. The "requires controller" will be the kicker more than not having it in store.

Users who are viewing this thread