Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If we are going off the success of Ashes cricket 13 ... Maybe not so much;)

Haha true that!!!! Maybe the next version of DBC.

----------

It would take months, years to negotiate licensing deals

Yep, it wont happen this version (well i hope not otherwise we wont be playing DBC14 until next year) but i can see an offer happening at least which is great news for Big Ant.

505 dumped it all on Trickstar, so clearly they want to keep the licensing arrangements going. Whether they just sit on it for a few years because of how badly they've tarnished the name or actively now start looking for another developer in hope to be ready for the 2015 Ashes.

If there's clauses in the contract that 505 would have broken by cancelling, perhaps the license could be on the market again, but it's essentially damaged goods. The best thing the ashes license gives you is a marketing angle, but Ashes is a toxic brand for cricket games now.

I'd be sure on one thing, if Big Ant get the Ashes license, the game's still going to just be Don Bradman Cricket. I don't think the word 'Ashes' will be in the title of a cricket game for years now.

After the WORLD has trashed the Ashes brand you would have to pay me to take it.

We need a campaign like this:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - It's not Ashes 2013.

505 dumped it all on Trickstar, so clearly they want to keep the licensing arrangements going. Whether they just sit on it for a few years because of how badly they've tarnished the name or actively now start looking for another developer in hope to be ready for the 2015 Ashes.

If there's clauses in the contract that 505 would have broken by cancelling, perhaps the license could be on the market again, but it's essentially damaged goods. The best thing the ashes license gives you is a marketing angle, but Ashes is a toxic brand for cricket games now.

I'd be sure on one thing, if Big Ant get the Ashes license, the game's still going to just be Don Bradman Cricket. I don't think the word 'Ashes' will be in the title of a cricket game for years now.

Totally agree Matt, possibly could include it in the next version as an ashes game mode but still keep the game as DBC. As you said though the Ashes name is toxic and acquiring it would require a great deal of thought to use it wisely without being compared to previous rubbish. Will be interesting to see how they go about it but im pretty sure 505 games wont be making another cricket game any time soon if ever, they have some pretty decent games on the market at the moment that arent sports games.

----------

After the WORLD has trashed the Ashes brand you would have to pay me to take it.

Good advertising slogan there Ross :lol

Hey guys,

I am so excited for this game I mad an account for it :)

Just a quick question, If I want to play offline with a mate, having us both on the same team batting against the computer? Will that be available?

i.e 2 player v computer offline

Thanks

hey ross! I want to know why 505 dumped this trash into the gamer's hand. This had certainly affected their image to a great extent. I would say that it would have been better if they would not have released it all.

hey ross! I want to know why 505 dumped this trash into the gamer's hand. This had certainly affected their image to a great extent. I would say that it would have been better if they would not have released it all.

And Ross would have that answer because????

Are there plenty of Friday beers currently flowing at the Bigant Studios Ross? This must have been one of the better fridays recently....

Users who are viewing this thread