Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Quite a few years ago I played a video game in the USA where you stood in a badeball batting cage and swung the bat, I've always wondered since if they're would ever be a cricket version if this, it was rally quite good considering it was 1997/98! How far are we away from that kinda thing being implemented say Xbox? Could it be done for kinect in the future or does it pose to many problems?

I know we do, but it stays in the same position for too long I think, there has to be some recoil.

I think it needs user input to break the freeze. I think you select whether to take a run or go back to the crease? Not 100% sure though

I actually noticed the same thing in IC2010... However the batsman breathing broke up the complete stillness of the player...so it didn't feel as much a problem.. Maybe that is a solution to the perceived problem..

Some movement of the batsman would help. Hands and bats slightly moving rather than being still like that.

I think it needs user input to break the freeze. I think you select whether to take a run or go back to the crease? Not 100% sure though

You are right user input required on that whether to get back to the crease or take a run....:yes

It was very early days based on PhyreEngine from Sony, over time it has been 100% rewritten to have a sports focus. It does run on next-gen.

wow based on Phyre engine, the same engine used for GRID by codies,no wonder The game looks crisp and detailed,also expecting physics and collision detection to be top notch.

wow based on Phyre engine, the same engine used for GRID by codies,no wonder The game looks crisp and detailed,also expecting physics and collision detection to be top notch.

The BARS sneak peak and the spin of the ball in the gameplay trailer and other vids show how crisp the physics are in this game.

grid was an awesome game by codies.....the AI was ruthless.

on topic...any final/latest build gameplay video with bat/ball/fielding..

Last edited:
Though a PC member Sibi has given a suggestion saying if the user does not have any input for say 3 seconds then he automatically returns the crease...
You can find all the suggestions given by him to Ross...:)
And his views are very good would improve the game towards the realistic approach for this game ...:yes
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2639021-post9720.html

liked it.this makes game more realistic.:).also slip catches for a spinner is unrealistic.

Last edited:
liked it.this makes game more realistic.:).also slip catches for a spinner is unrealistic.
Not as unrealistic as you'd think, I've seen quite a few catches in slips off spin bowling (usually because of a lazy wicketkeeper).

Not as unrealistic as you'd think, I've seen quite a few catches in slips off spin bowling (usually because of a lazy wicketkeeper).

slip catches are not always of same height some will be low and some will be chest high some even above head ,same for the fast or medium pace bowler.i did not see catches of different height also sudden reaction of slip fielder is unrealistic.he should be proactive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread