Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I think the lack of pitch marker will take some getting used to but it's had positive feedback from those who have used it. Regarding the grill, could be wrong here, but I think there is a first person view where you don't see it.

:yes but can play with grill.grill on/off option ??

Yea but linking that with stats would be a tad more realistic. Although game is still miles ahead of any game of cricket we've played. Just watched the trailer again and the way fielder catches the ball with two hands and then lets go of one hand to shapes up to soften the impact is just mind boggling attention to detail.

P.S: I wont be surprised if we see security guards in Indian stadiums in groups and facing the pitch.

i want to spend 2500 on a cricket game....but i want a demo first..at least give a demo to consumes so we can decide that its not like ashes cricket 2013...i'm not asking for a release date but if i wanna spend my hard earned money on this game and controllers i have to see,feel,play it first.let us test the gameplay.....:)

preordered it....after watching this...

how much did you spend on the pre-order? As far as I know, this game is not available for pre-order anywhere except Aus, Eng and SA. And you said you were expecting to spend close to 2500 on this game?

Nope....it was a double handed catch for sure:

zbgfRxl.jpg

The fielder let the other hand go 'after' catching the ball to cushion his fall:

6xqM9TD.jpg

I agree with you, its as realistic as it can get. Its pretty cool that we have so many catching animations in the game :cheers

Nice one Angie, I guess peeps saw the second frame and assumed it was single handed, great catch there, the letting go the hand to coushin the fall is excuisite and surely DBC14 has lot more to offer, animations are great, not "robotic" as they claim

preordered it....after watching this...

got nothing to complain guys...

this thing has everything new.forget about blc,ea07,ashes09.....

Game looks like it has a decent foundation but there are some oddities/potential bugs ?

- around 3min mark, I found it odd the wicket keeper runs to field a ball hit toward mid on

- around 11:30 min mark, a scoop shot produces a boundary but it appears that a fielder has fielded it before the boundary?

- same thing in the 18min range - twice I think. It appears that a fielder near boundary has fielded it but it is given as four? Oddly one fielder is running to save it while other is casually walking toward it, picks it up but it is still given a 4?

- the sweep shots look good but the square cuts not so crisp. No footwork and looks a bit odd.

Still, foundation looks good but I feel animations don't seem very crisp or smooth but maybe I am expecting too much. They do look very good but just not how I expect players to play shots normally. Looks "off". Like how you would appear playing with your legs spreading apart at knees when hitting the ball. They felt a lot like EA Cricket 07. i.e. decent enough.

Game definitely has polish and a good foundation. Loads of options, replays, stats, camera angles etc.

Definitely will buy it and support the developer. I liked what I saw.
Eventually, I would like to see this series be as good as Madden NFL.
The Helmet cam reminds me of the excellent NFL 2K2 by Sega before sadly NFL signed a bad deal with EA for exclusive licenses killing off the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ross, dont know if this has been asked before if so kindly pardon me & point me,
What is the engine used for DBC14 and can you elaborate some of its features (graphical,networking,gameplay)and any innovation in it.
IS it totally inhouse developed? or customization of an different engine, What do you call it, does it support next gen:cheers

It was very early days based on PhyreEngine from Sony, over time it has been 100% rewritten to have a sports focus. It does run on next-gen.

Ross, are you now planning on releasing the game in feb/march in time for the T20 World Cup?

We are not looking to tie the games' release with any particular day/celebration/tournament.

----------

Nope....it was a double handed catch for sure:

http://i.imgur.com/zbgfRxl.jpg

The fielder let the other hand go 'after' catching the ball to cushion his fall:

http://i.imgur.com/6xqM9TD.jpg

I agree with you, its as realistic as it can get. Its pretty cool that we have so many catching animations in the game :cheers

Nice shots Angy, thanks.

PS: Pro-tip - The shadows always give the "tell" - if you want to know what's going on in a game, look there first - they never lie.

- around 11:30 min mark, a scoop shot produces a boundary but it appears that a fielder has fielded it before the boundary?

- same thing in the 18min range - twice I think. It appears that a fielder near boundary has fielded it but it is given as four? Oddly one fielder is running to save it while other is casually walking toward it, picks it up but it is still given a 4?

These bugs have now been fixed, or will be fixed in day one patch. Apparently, it was just for the Lancashire Oval.

- around 3min mark, I found it odd the wicket keeper runs to field a ball hit toward mid on
If my memory serves me well, the patch also fixed some fielding issues.

BigAntStudios;We are looking to tie the games' release with any particular day/celebration/tournament.

----------

Boxing day test maybe :):thumbs

Last edited:
Ugh....

lan play

hey Ross,i don't know whether this query has been asked,..if so sorry for that..
whether the game has the option to play over a lan network..?

Thank God Game name is Don brad man cricket 14 its means game with be release Before 1 jan 2015 ... yeppi I am genius: p

Users who are viewing this thread