Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

slip catches are not always of same height some will be low and some will be chest high same for the fast or medium pace bowler.i did not see catches of different height also sudden reaction of slip fielder is unrealistic.he should be proactive.

How many slip catches did you see???

Also I thought most slip catches are sudden. How can the fielder be proactive when he doesnt even know where the ball will move before it has hit the bat? And we know how much time a slip fielder gets for most catches!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have seen some in videos but i really see slip fielder is reacting very late and also have not seen chest height slip catches.

Do you recall how many? Because I have seen two so far, one caught off the ground and another at knee height....which suggests that where the catches would be taken depends on where the ball goes after hitting the bat based on physics. Slip fielders also reacted perfectly to those catches (except in the first one seen in the bobblehead video posted by MattW, the fielder first ran towards the ball before taking the catch, which I believe is due to that fact that MattW was playing on the buggy build).

----------

also have not seen chest height slip catches.

And that means its not in the game???? :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Last edited:
If chest height catches are in the game, which we know they are, why would it be different for any given fielding position? Surely they're all just going to respond to the ball coming at them in the best way they can? Or am I missing something?

Bradman_Catch.jpg

If chest height catches are in the game, which we know they are, why would it be different for any given fielding position? Surely they're all just going to respond to the ball coming at them in the best way they can? Or am I missing something?

Bradman_Catch.jpg

Think I'm with you on this one. If the ball goes towards a fielder and they catch it without teleporting to the ball position, I'd call that a result. If the animation isn't absolutely 100% realistic then so what. I played a game on Fifa at the weekend and saw Suarez bicycle kick a ball that was knee high as it was crossed. That's an EA game with a mahooooosive budget.

If BA get it near enough, fun to play and semi realistic, I'm in.

I have this app on my Android device for Gaming news.
Today news pop up about DBC14.
"It's due to release for PC, PS3, X360 NEXT YEAR" :(
Is it true? Did Ross mentioned about this?

I have this app on my Android device for Gaming news.
Today news pop up about DBC14.
"It's due to release for PC, PS3, X360 NEXT YEAR" :(
Is it true? Did Ross mentioned about this?

I saw that too, but different websites are guessing just as much as we are. Some articles even from today are saying this year, next year, this year but no release date, scheduled for this year, etc, etc, etc. Nothing official yet as far as I'm aware.

Right I have been reading this thread for a while and two things have come across to me in that time.
1) people want a release date and preferably this year
2) the main worry for don bradman cricket and Ross is that it will be confused with ashes 2013 and no one will buy it.

So for me the solution to both of these is simple. In order to please the fans and the game to be released DBC needs to prove that it's not Ashes Cricket and have popular support. This is what I propose and I hope people support and agree with me. Everyone on here will most likely have some sort of social networking account such as facebook or twitter so the next time a trailer is released we all post the link on our sites as a whole to try and raise the profile :)

Right I have been reading this thread for a while and two things have come across to me in that time.
1) people want a release date and preferably this year
2) the main worry for don bradman cricket and Ross is that it will be confused with ashes 2013 and no one will buy it.

So for me the solution to both of these is simple. In order to please the fans and the game to be released DBC needs to prove that it's not Ashes Cricket and have popular support. This is what I propose and I hope people support and agree with me. Everyone on here will most likely have some sort of social networking account such as facebook or twitter so the next time a trailer is released we all post the link on our sites as a whole to try and raise the profile :)

I am doing from day one

Hi guys..
Game looks brilliant, top quality and in fact way better then Ashes 13. Though just wanted to know will this work on an i3 Intel processor??

Depends on your Graphics card. I think min. 256 mb Graphics are required.
If cricket academy is running fine then no worry.

Depends on your Graphics card. I think min. 256 mb Graphics are required.
If cricket academy is running fine then no worry.

Where can I download cricket academy?? :3
Is it the 511MB file??

Users who are viewing this thread