Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Sega Saturn, its coming back

For that blast from the past, I'm recoding Nicolas Cage Cricket to run ONLY on the Sega Saturn...

i have made a number of regrettable purchases but hands down the Sega Saturn was my worst... there it was in the store next to the upstart pretender the Playstation.

A console by Sony? Meh, flash in the pan... stick to Sega, you know where you are with Sega - they're a "safe pair of hands".

My dream is to have a cricket game with motion capture. How good would it be to have the top players from each team do a mocap session? You'd actually be facing the likes of Dale Steyn, Jimmy Anderson, Michael Clarke and MS Dhoni. Then for the rest of the players you could have 4 or 5 generic mocaps of amateur fast bowlers, spinners and batsmen. Please make it happen in your next iteration Big Ant. On another note I wonder if the BCCI would be interested in funding a game. With their money, anything is possible.

**inb4 off topic warning from the mod :spy **

My dream is to have a cricket game with motion capture. How good would it be to have the top players from each team do a mocap session? You'd actually be facing the likes of Dale Steyn, Jimmy Anderson, Michael Clarke and MS Dhoni. Then for the rest of the players you could have 4 or 5 generic mocaps of amateur fast bowlers, spinners and batsmen. Please make it happen in your next iteration Big Ant. On another note I wonder if the BCCI would be interested in funding a game. With their money, anything is possible.

That would be terribly dirty money :P

besides they do not pay, they get paid :)

It is ultimately the decision of the publisher, they pay for the disks etc.. but we have a big influence with this title as we have done the "heavy lifting".

The Retail Buyers have the most power in the situation though, they don't set the date but without their support there is no decision to make - this is certainly a big obstacle because of Ashes 2013, there's a lot of people in the industry with egg on their faces - especially those that backed Ashes instead of Bradman.

As I mentioned earlier that this game would be the base for future cricket games ...That has come to effect with Cricket Life as they have applied the same strategy as DBC 14 of releasing a Player creator and for controls they have also adopted the controller instead of keyboard...:yes:cheers

The more I read about this game the more I fall in-love. Sad as that is!

I just have one really major concern that perhaps someone can answer?

That is, when bowling 150 kp/h thunderbolts will it actually look like this on screen? In some previous cricket games you just don't get that sense of speed and as a result the feeling of absolute power by bowling something so quick that a batsman barely has time to react just isn't there.

It worries me because DBC14 has no bowling marks and relies on the player to play a shot based on where the ball is pitched in real time (which is great). My guess is that BigAnt would have to slow down the pace of the ball as to what it would normally look like in real life so regular players have time to react, ie - a 130 kp/h ball in game probably has the same pace as a 110 kp/h ball in real life. And as I said, my concern is that in doing this we miss out on the, IMO, best sensation you can have as a cricketer or watching cricket - seeing absolute missiles being sent down the pitch and watching batsman struggle to play them.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I hope bowling fast is not easy in the game. It should take something special to bowl over 150 kph consistently as is the case in real life.

It worries me because DBC14 looks like it has no bowling marks
From about a minute in, Mikey from Big Ant explains the bowling system and the indicators you get - this is me batting for the first time in the game. These slowly go away at the higher difficulty levels as you get better at judging the ball based on other factors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread