Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The Retail Buyers have the most power in the situation though, they don't set the date but without their support there is no decision to make - this is certainly a big obstacle because of Ashes 2013, there's a lot of people in the industry with egg on their faces - especially those that backed Ashes instead of Bradman

Anybody go and get Mike Fegan.. I would personally deal him for snatching DBC14 even before it came in my hands:eek:

I hope bowling fast is not easy in the game. It should take something special to bowl over 150 kph consistently as is the case in real life.

It should depend on who is bowling. Most bowlers simply shouldn't be able to bowl at 150 kp/h, etc. Just like real life.

----------

From about a minute in, Mikey from Big Ant explains the bowling system and the indicators you get - this is me batting for the first time in the game. These slowly go away at the higher difficulty levels as you get better at judging the ball based on other factors.

Thanks, although my question is whether a genuinely fast ball, as bowled, looks genuinely fast on the screen in-game. Comparably fast to what you see on TV.

Does that make sense? Not sure if I'm explaining this properly. :)

Cheers.

Thanks, although my question is whether a genuinely fast ball, as bowled, looks genuinely fast on the screen in-game. Comparably fast to what you see on TV.

Dont know about that but I certainly feel that irrespective of whether it looks fast or not, it should definitely 'feel' fast. Its a video game...so gameplay balance would be of top priority. No point having super fast deliveries if its actually impossible to play it all the time.

They feel faster at higher difficulty levels, so I think adding in some extra reaction time by slowing down the ball speed is a factor. Though perhaps that just might be the lack of indicators making it harder to judge.

I played EA cricket 2004 last night for the first time in years and I really felt that the bowling speed was spot on apart from there being no noticeable difference between an 80mph ball and a 90mph one. It was far better than Ashes09 and IC10 which personally I found felt too floaty.
Facing pace in real life even a difference of say 3 or 4mph makes a big difference and is very noticeable. So I'm wondering if this has been replicated at all in DBC?

Ross:Can we know what features will be shown in the video this friday??

Where did Ross said we have a video on Friday.....:eek:

Now there will be a series of videos featuring various features and uniqueness of the game...So there will be a video but not sure about what ...:)

^ But didn't specify which Friday onwards would that start.

^ But didn't specify which Friday onwards would that start.

I would like to think that the 'starting' Friday was last week. But I'll hold onto my thoughts and wouldn't like to comment on that for now.
That said, I'll be more than happy like anyone else if more videos are out this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread