Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'm not that mean, it has been suggested before :)

I'm not that mean, it has been suggested before :)

Nothing about being mean... if you want the luxury to play on two platforms you gotta pay for them. It's like me saying I like Xbox 360 for online gameplay and PS3 for offline but I will only pay for one.

But you can only play on PS3...just CA on the PC. I think its a great idea. its not like getting 2 games, its like a bonus which Im sure will be popular

Does everyone remember how the speculation of "who was endorsing the game"?
Could we have something like that with the release date in the next CA version?

I remember how @blockerdave would speculate on the release dates, 05 Dec was one of them, I didn't want to think it might be as I would have hoped to be playing the game by now.

Well its the 5th Dec, my birthday and I'm not playing it,,,its not a happy one, but just a birthday

Nothing about being mean... if you want the luxury to play on two platforms you gotta pay for them. It's like me saying I like Xbox 360 for online gameplay and PS3 for offline but I will only pay for one.

As well as the point above about not actually playing the game on two platforms, I'd imagine that BigAnt would want as many people as possible involved in the Cricket Academy to create more and improved content.

It's a bit like the mod'ing community in other PC games. Games like rFactor, etc. have introduced an extremely successful game model by providing the foundations for the game and letting everyone else create the rest.

Now all we need in future DBC's is the ability to create stadiums, cricket bats, clothing lines, etc.

I could imagine one day, in a galaxy far far away, DBC having a "team manager" mode where you start off in a country league in a paddock and slowly get better players, more spectators, earn more money at the gates, upgrade your stadium, move to better locations, advance to higher leagues (Big Bash, IPL, etc), attract better players, bigger crowds. etc.

That would be the dream for me. Imagine being able to spend money on cheerleaders, fireworks, coaches, bowling machines, ticketing staff, food and drink outlets, etc. And then you would have to manage sponsorships as well. The list could be endless.

Anyway, slightly off track.

I think the idea of starting the career mode at a grade club level playing at grounds with minimal spectators and having to make it into the state side would be a great premise.

Strangely I would love to play on a syntho at a suburban oval to kick off career mode.

I said a while back that I think a good setting for a career mode would be to pretend that the Champions League concept was greatly expanded in the cricket world to be similar to football - that way you could have all the player management, promotion/relegation, etc, with a decent amount of depth without needing to create huge domestic structures in every nation.

I think the idea of starting the career mode at a grade club level playing at grounds with minimal spectators and having to make it into the state side would be a great premise.

Strangely I would love to play on a syntho at a suburban oval to kick off career mode.

this sort of mode would dominate my time spent with the game.

let's face it, i love cricket and i like video games, so i'm always going to buy this game regardless of how many game modes there are.

I thought this is what they said the career mode would entail, but no cigar.

Originally Posted by BigAntStudios View Post
Some people prefer PC for creation and console for gaming.

CA is included in the game disc for consoles , so y creation in pc ??????

Because some people prefer to PC for creation...I'm certainly one of them. Creating on the PC allows you to have easy access to photos on the same screen.

Users who are viewing this thread