Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now what?

116871d1386427757-don-bradman-cricket-14-general-discussion-untitled.png

Not the correct thread to post this. This would have been the best place.

Also, more about NSIS here

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Here's something special and unique for you all after a fine Australian performance today in front of the Bradman Stand :yes

attachment.php

I am sure this picture will certainly bring smiles on faces of many fans here :) loved it. Can't wait to have the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What sacrilege did, Ross post?! :noway Sir Donald in a T20!:mad

One of the things that became clear from discussions with those that were close to Don Bradman is that his view of the shorter forms of the game was greatly misrepresented.

In the early days of one day cricket Don Bradman was ill informed about the nature of the game by those who had alternative interests to protect. Once he became familiar with the game I am told he supported and enjoyed it, and indeed it was apparently one of his regrets that his views on the game were so grossly misrepresented by those with alterior motives.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's really interesting. I have a few books on Don, I now have to go back and re-read them to see if any of the latter ones cover his thoughts on the short-format.

Test Cricket always has (and will) be the greatest form of the game, but thinking about how Bradman approached the test game, he would've been incredibly successful in an ODI style format I reckon.

masonn

Club Cricketer
Career Mode

When in career mode can u incorporate real player names or are u stuck with made up names

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I would agree that he wouldn't be as successful at ODI as tests, and perhaps that, along with reports from the time, led me to believe that he didn't like the game. As recently as the Packer docu-drama we saw this view still being portrayed.

I now beleive that the anti-one day lobby abused the relationship with Don Bradman for their own means and history will probably carry the view that he disliked ODI as it is the publicly domaine one.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When you take a look at his list of high-scores though, he had an incredible strike-rate in a lot of his bigger scores. When you factor in the shorter innnings, he's going at 65-70 a lot of the time, finding the boundary quite a bit too (although, obviously 6's aren't a part of his game, however grounds were a lot bigger back in his day).

I don't think he would've been as successful as he was in his test career, but he'd be an incredible guy coming in at first drop to anchor an ODI innings for you!

EDIT:

Bradman made all those runs at high speed in a manner that bewildered opponents and entranced spectators. Though his batting was not classically beautiful, it was always awesome.

...that's certainly a description that could apply to many of the worlds best short-format cricketers.

Last edited:

VijayGreat

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would agree that he wouldn't be as successful at ODI as tests, and perhaps that, along with reports from the time, led me to believe that he didn't like the game. As recently as the Packer docu-drama we saw this view still being portrayed.

I now beleive that the anti-one day lobby abused the relationship with Don Bradman for their own means and history will probably carry the view that he disliked ODI as it is the publicly domaine one.

Ross when are u taking rest?.now a days u r here always online!!!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ross when are u taking rest?.now a days u r here always online!!!

Being on here is no more work for me than it is for you. If you enjoy what you do then it's not really work.

----------

That's really interesting. I have a few books on Don, I now have to go back and re-read them to see if any of the latter ones cover his thoughts on the short-format.

Test Cricket always has (and will) be the greatest form of the game, but thinking about how Bradman approached the test game, he would've been incredibly successful in an ODI style format I reckon.

I misread your post, I thought you'd said "wouldn't be successful" not "would've" - I think he'd make the team for sure :)

If he was as successful in the short form game then they'd find a way to change the rules.

Last edited:

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
My exams are finishing on Tuesday CST. I thought i will be able to play this game in my vacation :(. Anyways.......better late than never.
Just let me know from where can i order special edition. Even pre-order will be fine for me. :thumbs

grkrama

National Board President
Being on here is no more work for me than it is for you. If you enjoy what you do then it's not really work.

----------

Hats Off to you Ross, you would be one of those rare Company representative ,that has completely merged with the community and become a part of this forum.
Its very rare thing in gaming industry often ,studio PR can never handle the volatility of gaming forum's even in places like gamespot, crytek etc,but you have taken everything along with the stride (Trolls ,cynics,Fans).
Really appreciate it,and hope you would be part of this community always :cheers

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
That picture of Bradman under lights at the SCG... The sky isn't black. Was this shot meant to be taken at dusk?

Users who are viewing this thread