Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

How many games are there in a season in Career Mode :)

It will probably depend on where you play. In England there are 16 first class games and a load of one-day games in bulky competitions. In Australia, there are much less teams and games.

I also gather u will go though games abit quicker as u have a limited involvement with both bat and ball

As long as you skip through your fielding. An all rounder will also have longer games then a batsmen.

I dont think I saw it in the videos posted up but one thing that could be done with fielding would be to mimic the idea of the MLB 2K franchise.

The game will sim through until the ball is going to come in your general direction. It may fly over your head, it may be a catch or it may be ground fielding but I like that it keeps you involved without making you sit through the whole game.

I dont think I saw it in the videos posted up but one thing that could be done with fielding would be to mimic the idea of the MLB 2K franchise.

The game will sim through until the ball is going to come in your general direction. It may fly over your head, it may be a catch or it may be ground fielding but I like that it keeps you involved without making you sit through the whole game.

I disagree with this a bit. If it only waited until the ball came to you, then you know it was coming and you could anticipate it.

It depends what position you're fielding in TBH. If I'm stuck at Fine Leg; then I'm not going to be actually playing it (no joke, one uni game I fielded at Fine Leg and Third Man all game bar one over where I ended up fielding at some field shortish cover position - it's not the most exciting thing; I think all bar one ball I fielded were byes...); but if I'm close and its towards the end of the game; then of course I'll field! If I'm bowling though; I'll field between overs I think; especially if I go for the spin bowling route...

Are fielding skills included in your career player stats? If so, will the AI captain of your team put you in a position based on your fielding skills. Can you be dropped for bad fielding....... (scratch that- I forgot about players like Phil Tufnell and Monty)

What Modes are there

Other than career mode
What other modes can u play
What is this bradman Academy version that ive read about

The Cricket Academy (you can find a download link in the forum index) is the creative suite for the game. In it, you can create players, teams, match types, tours and custom field settings.

You can upload everything to the server, and download it when the game comes out. You can also download other people's creations. You can upload on one platform (e.g. PC), and download on another (e.g. PS3, 360)

Yes. Munkeymomo and myself have made the English County and Australian State teams all with correct names. Others have created the international teams with correct names.

You download the teams, and everything should be updated with the correct names.

Download Cricket Academy and have a try

Users who are viewing this thread