Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Lol - geeez I've put on a bit of weight...

Ross, One thing I want to ask about the release date... I know, I know, you must hate the words "release date" by now. Are you guys still on track to release in 2013. If so even before Christmas?
Love your work though!

I'm worried that, once the game has come out, people will be complaining about the lack of player names, faces or accurate. A lot of people probably won't bother with the Academy, not realising it's potential, so many will be unhappy with it, not realising that the Academy is better than licences. I'm sure very few will read this forum.

Yes, you are prompted to "get best" when the game first boots.

Great to know it prompts you on first start up! I had fears of this aswell, figured there would be restrictions on letting people know 'Hey, click this button and all player likenesses and names are your's!' Sounds like you've found a way to convey it though.

Knowing sometimes people just don't look through menus sometimes, which I'm guilty of with games that I don't really read up on before hand.

Looks like the interest is fading here :( More people on the 2007 forum than here today...

I suspect that most people are waiting on an announcement from BA. It's the calm before the storm. I can't imagine many losing interest. Except the 'once round the goldfish bowl' types.

It will come. Soon I hope. So I can pretend to be England and try hooking every short delivery for six, only to be caught at the boundary in comical fashion.

I keep regretting not putting myself in the PlanetCricket team when the bobblehead saga first arose. I would dearly love the chance to be in the game of my dreams and show my family and friends I am worth something in life by being an umpire in a cricket game.

How's that for a sob story Ross? Does it need improvement?

It's too late, sorry :(

Next time for sure!

It's too late, sorry :(

Next time for sure!

Fine. Whatever. Great. :noway

In all seriousness, I would like to let you know I'm going to hold that statement to you for the rest of your life...or your next game :thumbs
And it will be used in every context possible

Last edited:
I keep regretting not putting myself in the PlanetCricket team when the bobblehead saga first arose. I would dearly love the chance to be in the game of my dreams and show my family and friends I am worth something in life by being an umpire in a cricket game.

How's that for a sob story Ross? Does it need improvement?

Have to say I agree Chinaman...

I've literally just finished creating myself and it's the first time I've properly got into the player creator. It's fantastic. I actually think it kinda looks like me too...

CA can become quite addictive in an OCD kinda way.

Just to let you know we very exited about the DBC14 here in SA Capetown . And watching SA making mince meat of INDIA ,make us just want the game more

My motto for real life cricket has always been to bat as long as you can and take zero risks no matter of the match situation, so I will probably take that across to DBC14. It doesn't matter how good you are, it's how good your attention span is.

How about every person who you have thanked a post of but isn't in the PlanetCricket team...?

Me and you should play an online timeless test, live-streamed, pay per view. License to print money.

Users who are viewing this thread