Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have dynamic lighting where the sun moves across the sky as it should.

The SCG is in the heart of Sydney so there is a lot of ambient light from the city, my guess is this is just after or at sunset.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

anishj99

School Cricketer
We have dynamic lighting where the sun moves across the sky as it should.

The SCG is in the heart of Sydney so there is a lot of ambient light from the city, my guess is this is just after or at sunset.
Hey Ross when will the game be available for pre-orders in India?

WattsterMatter

Club Cricketer
Does anybody else feel the 'recency theory' is the major contributor to the high level of anticipation and expectation being thrown around about DBC14 at this point.

Hear me out.. It is almost as if, for many of the believers on here, that because we have been shown the possibilities for what cricket gaming can be about many months ago, much of the negativity on these forums relate to people's expectations from early on battling against the footage that has been shown of the game so far.

By no means am I disappointed by the footage, nor do I feel that the game will not meet expectations.

The overall premise I am proposing is that despite the existence of 14 year olds, trouble stirrers and downright clowns on this forum, perhaps the biggest source of angst for everyone waiting, is whether reality will meet the lofty expectations being set for this, only the first of hopefully may iterations, of DBC14.

I for one have learnt a great lesson in the past months of my life (not as a result of this forum for those who are going to look for something to discredit with). That is that, we are responsible for the anticipation, the disenchantment, the disappointment and the impatience in our own lives. We set expectations for everything, however, it is these expectations which breed resent along with Tahoe other negative feelings mentioned above.

Thoughts?

[/unnecessary esoteric rant post edit]

Last edited:

WEEVZ

School Cricketer
Does anybody else feel the 'recency theory' is the major contributor to the high level of anticipation and expectation being thrown around about DBC14 at this point.

Hear me out.. It is almost as if, for many of the believers on here, that because we have been shown the possibilities for what cricket gaming can be about many months ago, much of the negativity on these forums relate to people's expectations from early on battling against the footage that has been shown of the game so far.

By no means am I disappointed by the footage, nor do I feel that the game will not meet expectations.

The overall premise I am proposing is that despite the existence of 14 year olds, trouble stirrers and downright clowns on this forum, perhaps the biggest source of angst for everyone waiting, is whether reality will meet the lofty expectations being set for this, only the first of hopefully may iterations, of DBC14.

I for one have learnt a great lesson in the past months of my life (not as a result of this forum for those who are going to look for something to discredit with). That is that, we are responsible for the anticipation, the disenchantment, the disappointment and the impatience in our own lives. We set expectations for everything, however, it is these expectations which breed resent along with Tahoe other negative feelings mentioned above.

Thoughts?

[/unnecessary esoteric rant post edit]
Makes perfect sense to me.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Makes sense to me. However, vary rarely do I actually get excited about a new game - in fact, for various reasons, I'm pretty confident I could count the games that have come out in the past 6-7 years that I've been really excited for on one hand. The fact this game has got me excited in the first place says a lot to me personally. I know I'm going to get it and be shit at batting, and probably spend my first few overs bowling no balls, but that's beside the point. I'm still really excited to give it a go, and as far as I'm aware the level of thought and depth of detail that seems to have gone into it is unprecedented for a cricket game. People who get it and are disappointed are probably expecting way too much. I'm realistically expecting to enjoy it personally.

andymac20

Club Cricketer
Whatever happens now its the only cricket game to play, me personally from the videos can see it will be cricket not like ashes 2009 was like a weird version of cricket had all the look of cricket didn't feel like it, when you could play the ashes and on the hardest difficulty get over 200 runs in about 20 overs no match lasted 5 days in game more like 2 at the most. I gave in to my excitement and got angry over the release in September now just looking forward to playing it finally and hope to play online and get away from battlefield 4 where each match has some kid screaming NOOB QQ u mad? every single match....

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you for not getting Ravi as a commentator for the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread