Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 9102

The game must surely have a digital download version on release date for PC - it's very rare to even see PC games in stores any longer in the UK.

It would be suicidal to not have some form of digital download option for the PC version... Also, the PC I'm putting together next week won't even have an optical drive, they are practically obsolete to a large number of users.

umosay

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The game must surely have a digital download version on release date for PC - it's very rare to even see PC games in stores any longer in the UK.

It would be suicidal to not have some form of digital download option for the PC version... Also, the PC I'm putting together next week won't even have an optical drive, they are practically obsolete to a large number of users.

Exactly. Have not used my drive in years.

The main concern for piracy is simply price, if DBC is the same pre-order price on steam it would be the most expensive game on Steam. I'm not sure why developers want to sell less more expensive copies than more reasonably priced ones. Saying that, it will likely sell a lot more on consoles, but I'd never buy a game for console prices on a last generation machine.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Price and piracy have no proven causal link.

The most pirated games in history are 1.99 or less iPhone/android games.

People who pirate will pirate, software protection is used in the industry for PC as the most effective measure to increase sales, that's why it is still implemented to this day, not to stop it but to slow it.

grkrama

National Board President

whattttttttt? Threat of piracy is is different how by not releasing it digitally?

How would PC digital sales impact store (console) sales??? Are you saying more people buy PC games at stores than on Steam?

and the sales are run by developers first who have to agree to it, and they are hardly a hindrance given how many copies sell to people who otherwise wouldn't buy it. Rugby Challenge was delayed on PC/Steam for a few months after console release, I really hope they don't do that with DBC, especially given all the players created thus far have been done so on PC!

I think the problem with digital is like Ross had said before it pisses off retailers, second steam will take a good chunk of the price and its not fixed i think they negotiate for every game i guess.So they are worse than retailers asking for discounts .

and they could always release the game in digital after the retail stocks dry up .

And most of us buy on steam because of slashed prices or availability,not because its digital.if a you can get steel box copy from local store or online store for the same price will you still buy on steam?

The second regarding piracy ,yes games on steam are easy for cracker to pirate ,all they have to do is extract the contents and replace steam api.dll ,that doesnt even change when you release updates for game.

ON other hand something like latest securom or whatever they use will provide more security even though its crackable,when they provide updates they can always make it go through online or cd check instead of ,steam updates that get easily ripped.
Not saying that its uncrackable, but i wouldnt find any of the crackers stalking a niche game through many updates.

D

Deleted member 9102

Exactly. Have not used my drive in years.

The main concern for piracy is simply price, if DBC is the same pre-order price on steam it would be the most expensive game on Steam. I'm not sure why developers want to sell less more expensive copies than more reasonably priced ones. Saying that, it will likely sell a lot more on consoles, but I'd never buy a game for console prices on a last generation machine.
Having seen your post here I went and found the pre-order price ($89.95) and converted it into pounds (?48.45)...

Source:
https://ebgames.com.au/pc-163473-Don-Bradman-Cricket-14-PC

I don't know if this is a usual price in Australia for a game, but to me, almost ?50 for a PC game is outrageous and there's no chance I'm paying that. I've really enjoyed the nets beta and all, and I've said I'll be buying the game for sure, but not a chance at ?50.

I expected ?25-30 at most - even all the big name games like FIFA 14, BF4, AC:IV, COD Ghosts and pretty much any others can be picked up on PC for ?25.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
It isn't a matter of just doing a straight conversion based on the exchange rate.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Having seen your post here I went and found the pre-order price ($89.95) and converted it into pounds (?48.45)...

Source:
https://ebgames.com.au/pc-163473-Don-Bradman-Cricket-14-PC

I don't know if this is a usual price in Australia for a game, but to me, almost ?50 for a PC game is outrageous and there's no chance I'm paying that. I've really enjoyed the nets beta and all, and I've said I'll be buying the game for sure, but not a chance at ?50.

I expected ?25-30 at most - even all the big name games like FIFA 14, BF4, AC:IV, COD Ghosts and pretty much any others can be picked up on PC for ?25.

Nah, $90 is about standard in Aus for most new console games. If the standard price there is 25 quid then that's what it should be.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The price isn't a something that many here can "get" as you need sales data of previous versions, costs of production, marketing etc. to get the full picture. It certainly isn't a debate on here that can carry any weight at all with distributors/retail - I don't set the price but of course have input - it's not a democracy.

If you expect it to be cheap then be prepared for disappointment, none of our games have been cheap and generally our AFL Live (3 years old) sells for more than AFL Live 2 (months old).

Comparing to other games isn't useful (COD, FIFA, etc. :facepalm) unless it is in the context of our recent games in the market. The best price guide I can think of might be to look for Rugby League Live 2, and that said, straight currency conversions are useless, it only works if it RLL2 is on sale in your territory in your currency.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In short: If you live in India, you'll be paying the same as the rest of the world. Save your money. Stop asking for discounts or expect something for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread