Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

grkrama

National Board President
is it possible to sledge umpire as bowler or are there any animations were bowler glares at the umpire if their decision is overturned or something..

glenny134

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
is it possible to sledge umpire as bowler or are there any animations were bowler glares at the umpire if their decision is overturned or something..

Youd have to implement match fines and bans so if you called the umpire a see you en tee then youd get stood down for a match or two

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Youd have to implement match fines and bans so if you called the umpire a see you en tee then youd get stood down for a match or two
Yeah that would be great as a career player who needs to buy various equipments and hire a coach for himself....Would be a great feature for future iterations.....:thumbs:cheers

glenny134

Club Captain
Yeah that would be great as a career player who needs to buy various equipments and hire a coach for himself....Would be a great feature for future iterations.....:thumbs:cheers

A game like that would be great but not for everyone. Wasn't cricket life going to be focused around that sort of thing?

ciki

School Cricketer
A game like that would be great but not for everyone. Wasn't cricket life going to be focused around that sort of thing?

Cricket Gameplay + Business simulation element :clap
THAT'S THE DREAM
But Don Bradman Cricket 14 Successfully Fulfilled our many dreams.....

I mean career mode in a cricket game was a dream 2 years ago..................
Creating your own tournament the way you want was a dream 2 years ago...

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm not sure how well a business simulation would work in cricket. Big Ant had a fully fledged team career mode ready but changed to player career as it was much more fun and market research favoured the player career. Cricket is different to most sports so a team or business mode doesn't work well.

ciki

School Cricketer
Simulation elements can work like in FIFA.
In manager mode player can manage A team in a League.
But this type of modes could be found in future cricket games.
Right now We have DBC 14 & IT IS MIND BLOWING....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Simulation elements can work like in FIFA.
In manager mode player can manage A team in a League.
But this type of modes could be found in future cricket games.
Right now We have DBC 14 & IT IS MIND BLOWING....

but we've had this discussion before - a cricket manager/coach isn't like a football manager.

tbh in this age of chief execs, directors of football etc. even a football manager isn't like a football manager.

the management/sim side is best left to cricket captain/cricket coach games. DBC should concentrate on gameplay.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
In my personal opinion I would have been very excited if there was a team management career mode for this game. However, that's because no one had ever twigged that cricket, despite being a team sport, was about individuals more than anything else, until Big Ant came along. If Big Ant had tantalised us with the prospect of player career but had chosen manager or team career, I would be nowhere near as excited as I am now.

I wouldn't mind it in the next game alongside a player career as I might want a change every now and again. However, as that would have to be a massive feature, I'm not sure if it would make sense to include both until this series is a financial success. To add to Blocker's point, it would also have to be a very unrealistic game mode for it to be any fun.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
However, that's because no one had ever twigged that cricket, despite being a team sport, was about individuals more than anything else, until Big Ant came along.

Gonna take slight issue with that. I've been describing single player "be a pro" mode in a cricket game as a must for about 10 years :p

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Gonna take slight issue with that. I've been describing single player "be a pro" mode in a cricket game as a must for about 10 years
Thanks for stealing my thunder.

Okay, how about: No cricket games developer had implemented a system whereby we could play individually in what is mostly a sport of individuals.

Is that better?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm pretty sure that we've talked about it before. It was always about finding a someone willing to make the investment for it to happen.

----------

Thanks for stealing my thunder.

Okay, how about: No cricket games developer had implemented a system whereby we could play individually in what is mostly a sport of individuals.

Is that better?

It was sort of there in some of the multi-player stuff where you would be one batsman, one bowler and your friend would be another. I wish I could find some of my old posts outlining my ideas though. I'm a visionary, me.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
think i've said this before but i came late to the DBC forum, saw there was a career mode and thought awesome, saw one of ross' old posts saying it won't be "be a pro" and though nuts, read some other posts explaining it as a team management sim and thinking "you couldn't count all the f***s i don't give about that", then read about how they decided that the team management thing wasn't fun and career mode would be "be a pro" after all and i was delighted again! thankfully it all happened in one afternoon so i didn't have to post ross a load of abuse, i could save all that up for later ;)

one of the things that got me enthusiastic about the game immediately, actually, was where ross said they took out the team management thing because they didn't think it was fun enough. this is a whole game mode they would have spent time and money designing and making and testing (and re-designing etc. etc.) that worked, that clearly plenty of (misguided, foolish) people wanted, and yet they took it out because it wasn't fun enough. i think that was my first heads up that this was a developer with a different approach and that this had a chance to be a very different, very special game.

Users who are viewing this thread