Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

think i've said this before but i came late to the DBC forum, saw there was a career mode and thought awesome, saw one of ross' old posts saying it won't be "be a pro" and though nuts, read some other posts explaining it as a team management sim and thinking "you couldn't count all the f***s i don't give about that", then read about how they decided that the team management thing wasn't fun and career mode would be "be a pro" after all and i was delighted again! thankfully it all happened in one afternoon so i didn't have to post ross a load of abuse, i could save all that up for later ;)

one of the things that got me enthusiastic about the game immediately, actually, was where ross said they took out the team management thing because they didn't think it was fun enough. this is a whole game mode they would have spent time and money designing and making and testing (and re-designing etc. etc.) that worked, that clearly plenty of (misguided, foolish) people wanted, and yet they took it out because it wasn't fun enough. i think that was my first heads up that this was a developer with a different approach and that this had a chance to be a very different, very special game.

I cry about how large the cutting room floor is :(

A game that could be made from your cutting room floor would still have more content that Ashes Cricket 2013... just saying.

:lol

well said. Unfortunately AC13 is high on the list of "Worst games of 2013" if not topping it. I never get tired of watching AC13 gameplay videos and laughing my head off.

The only issue (which is a good one) is that, with the demise of AC13 (hang on, don't you have to ascend to descend?...and they never got off the ground..meh, whatever), and Aust doing so well in the Ashes, there is probably now more than ever, a HUGE demand for a quality cricket game, and the focus is on DB14. Its like being a kid and trying to sleep the night before xmas when you know you're in for a massive present.

I don't know If this topic has been discussed or not But can anyone answer me,
In Career mode When I reach to League level, I get to choose my own team or I get an offer from Random Team?

In Career mode When I reach to League level, I get to choose my own team or I get an offer from Random Team?
The first level is first class country in a country of your choice. You pick your team here. I think that you get offers from the teams in the IPL and either England or Australian first class system (depending on where you started).

Can we make league like IPL which has= first, Double Round-Robin format ,and then knockouts for 3rd and 4th and a chance for 1st/2nd.

The first level is first class country in a country of your choice. You pick your team here. I think that you get offers from the teams in the IPL and either England or Australian first class system (depending on where you started).

What if i started in Mpumalanga? Will i get a Mpumalanga club offer? This game wasnt thought out properly

0/10

Anyone mentioned before, or noticed, the animated intro to big bash on channel 10 looks slightly similar to the animation in DBC14???

Or am I just seeing things?

^It does look reasonably similar, although Ross has confirmed it isn't.

:lol

well said. Unfortunately AC13 is high on the list of "Worst games of 2013" if not topping it. I never get tired of watching AC13 gameplay videos and laughing my head off.

The only issue (which is a good one) is that, with the demise of AC13 (hang on, don't you have to ascend to descend?...and they never got off the ground..meh, whatever), and Aust doing so well in the Ashes, there is probably now more than ever, a HUGE demand for a quality cricket game, and the focus is on DB14. Its like being a kid and trying to sleep the night before xmas when you know you're in for a massive present.

But the demand in England after the whitewash will have decreased, coupled with the AC13 disaster means less anticipation for a great game like DBC14 in a big target market. Which probably means a little longer wait. That is the only downside to spanking England this summer.

Was watching big bash league highlights and noticed that bat ball contact sound is almost similar to that in dbc14 playsession videos. This sound is characteristic to australian grounds or may be only mcg, scg. But is this sound variable in other grounds in game? The sound in nets is definitely different to that in gameplay videos.

I think I recall HBK saying that the size of the ground and the attendance impacted the sound of the bat on ball noise through the stump mic, I can't remember exactly how it worked but I'll try and find the post. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread