Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Has there been any word or confirmation of retailers in uk that will be selling db14?

Not the big retailers yet Amazon or GAME as such, but Ross has said "There is a road trip going on visiting the buyers/distributors and everyone will be able to get the game in the major Cricket nations, I will share news when I can."

Ross has everything in control, we already have the DBC 14 trailer, Facebook page and other websites selling the game for pre order such as Base.com and Gamesxchange in the UK, next couple of weeks hopefully we have the game ready to pre order on the major sites. I hope we can get the pre order bonus it would be a great Birthday present :cheers

A) It wasn't designed to hurt the Australians that was just an added bonus for Jardine.
B)How many skulls has Johnson fractured/ribs broken?

the leg theory field was what made it bodyline, because the catchers made orthodox defence risky (in terms of loasing the wicket), leaving the batsman the choice of being hit (without padding/helmets etc.) or offering chances to the fielders.

the same bowling without the field would be much easier to face.

And these are the exact points I'm making as to why his bowling is more 'bodyline'. There is no threat for the batsman that was experienced in the earlier era, yet he is just getting them in the right spot to get the wickets. The batsman of today have good helmets, good rib guards, good gloves, yet they appear genuinely worried by his deliveries.

----------

Anyway.. doesn't look like my thought is being understood much.. all that needs to say is that he's doing bloody well right now. Top 7 in wickets for Australia and having one of the hottest streaks seen by anyone in a while, as well as getting opposition fans excited to watch him play.

And these are the exact points I'm making as to why his bowling is more 'bodyline'. There is no threat for the batsman that was experienced in the earlier era, yet he is just getting them in the right spot to get the wickets. The batsman of today have good helmets, good rib guards, good gloves, yet they appear genuinely worried by his deliveries.

Anyway.. doesn't look like my thought is being understood much.. all that needs to say is that he's doing bloody well right now. Top 7 in wickets for Australia and having one of the hottest streaks seen by anyone in a while, as well as getting opposition fans excited to watch him play.

Okay I see your point now and I'm afraid I have to agree...'afraid' because the last few wickets bowled yesterday to clean up the tail were pretty much all at the batsmen's heads rather than at the wickets making the ball really unplayable. I guess you then have to ask 'is this in the spirit of the game'. Don't get me wrong...I love the fact that the aussies are in a commanding position (I'm stoked that we had 3 centuries from our top 5 in one test) but when you see bowling like that...eventually someone is probably going to complain that its too dangerous or not in the spirit of the game or something.

In that case, lets ride the wave while we can aye? :D

Seen it all before, many times... I wouldn't have wanted to face any of those West Indian blokes.

Okay I see your point now and I'm afraid I have to agree...'afraid' because the last few wickets bowled yesterday to clean up the tail were pretty much all at the batsmen's heads rather than at the wickets making the ball really unplayable. I guess you then have to ask 'is this in the spirit of the game'. Don't get me wrong...I love the fact that the aussies are in a commanding position (I'm stoked that we had 3 centuries from our top 5 in one test) but when you see bowling like that...eventually someone is probably going to complain that its too dangerous or not in the spirit of the game or something.

In that case, lets ride the wave while we can aye? :D

If we're saying the way he is bowling is not in the spirit of the game then we might as well say bowling quick is not in the spirit of the game. Either way someone could get injured, it is intimidating, but the intention is not to injure.

If the exact same ball was being bowled and the batters were cracking them for 4s and 6s... would that still not be 'in the spirit' of the game???...

Since when is a ball bowled at your head 'unplayable'? Its called a hook shot. Or get underneath it or sway out of the way. And not in the spirit?...Christ.

If we're saying the way he is bowling is not in the spirit of the game then we might as well say bowling quick is not in the spirit of the game. Either way someone could get injured, it is intimidating, but the intention is not to injure.

no, its not the speed...thats part and parcel of being a fast bowler - its the intention to land the ball at the head/chest area of a player and thus making it unplayable. I was watching the highlights of Johnson's bowling, esp him removing the tail, and you can see how he landed 5 balls at head height @150kmph or something. Pretty much unplayable. I get Frostivegi's original post on this now. Can you imagine if Johnson was playing for SA? :)

It's not under 10s. Geez, these guys are professional cricketers. If they can't handle it, go play curling.

no, its not the speed...thats part and parcel of being a fast bowler - its the intention to land the ball at the head/chest area of a player and thus making it unplayable. I was watching the highlights of Johnson's bowling, esp him removing the tail, and you can see how he landed 5 balls at head height @150kmph or something. Pretty much unplayable. I get Frostivegi's original post on this now. Can you imagine if Johnson was playing for SA? :)

I say remove the concept of bouncers all together from the game of cricket. Its unfair!

Regards,
Suresh Raina

I say remove the concept of bouncers all together from the game of cricket. Its unfair!

Regards,
Suresh Raina

Despite being a NO.11 leg spinner I quite enjoy bouncers both to watch and to face, I can explain why but the aspect of knowing I could be hit makes batting more exciting for me (on the rare occasion I face more than 1 ball).

Users who are viewing this thread