Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Despite being a NO.11 leg spinner I quite enjoy bouncers both to watch and to face, I can explain why but the aspect of knowing I could be hit makes batting more exciting for me (on the rare occasion I face more than 1 ball).

So you are not John Benaud...:spy

no, its not the speed...thats part and parcel of being a fast bowler - its the intention to land the ball at the head/chest area of a player and thus making it unplayable. I was watching the highlights of Johnson's bowling, esp him removing the tail, and you can see how he landed 5 balls at head height @150kmph or something. Pretty much unplayable. I get Frostivegi's original post on this now. Can you imagine if Johnson was playing for SA? :)

You don't get my point. What I'm saying is there is an equal chance of someone getting injured if someone is bowling 150-155+ as there is bowling the way Johnson is. Whether or not it is in the spirit of the game is not the risk of injury but the intention of the player. He isn't going out there trying to injure the batsman. He has taken countless wickets this summer using the bouncer, so it is obviously just a very successful wicket-taking tactic. That is all.

are those stumps really of u19 cwc.....

----------

You don't get my point. What I'm saying is there is an equal chance of someone getting injured if someone is bowling 150-155+ as there is bowling the way Johnson is. Whether or not it is in the spirit of the game is not the risk of injury but the intention of the player. He isn't going out there trying to injure the batsman. He has taken countless wickets this summer using the bouncer, so it is obviously just a very successful wicket-taking tactic. That is all.

wait wait wait real test is coming up for him in IPL....Gayle,Kohli,MSD etc. First let him prove there(thought of using big grin but no i wont)

----------

Despite being a NO.11 leg spinner I quite enjoy bouncers both to watch and to face, I can explain why but the aspect of knowing I could be hit makes batting more exciting for me (on the rare occasion I face more than 1 ball).

to hit it over the slip fielders?Am i right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren Lehmann - miracle worker.

Shows what a positive coaching change can do, and exactly why Flower had to go.

It is going to be a long evening one feels....hate it when Matt shoves me on the late shift..

It is going to be a long evening one feels....hate it when Matt shoves me on the late shift..

I'd say it's more like winning a ticket to the fifth day of an Aussie test, not a lot going on :p

Yeah rub it in Ross!!! I'm from the stadium, disappointing display by our boys and congrats for the Aussies and Mich though,,,but we will sure bounce back and hope no one wins the 5th day tickets of SA test, lol

Users who are viewing this thread