Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It is but I'd love a replay when I get someone out lbw and a hawkeye other than when I review.

I think that would be a good idea, not only on the "outs" but also for the not outs, imagine not having any reviews left, you get a not out decision and you see the replay showing it should have been given, also the crowd can be heard giving it the ooooh!! Or ahhhhh!!!

It is but I'd love a replay when I get someone out lbw and a hawkeye other than when I review.

Yeah seeing whether the ball hit the stumps or not when review is not taken...Need that for sure...And I would also like to have the details about batting i.e. 1's,2's,3's,4's and 6's...Its there is the big wheel but a detailed stats about the shots played would be nice....

I agree. We should have similar options for regular replays as we have for review. Also, I would love to have the ability to save reviews and have a highlight of dismissals at the end of the innings (like Fifa shows a highlight of all goals at the end of the half)

yeah, there really is no reason not to make the replay function a lot more fun, it's rightly blocked before you make a review so it wouldn't effect gameplay.

actually the replays could just be better on the whole, for some reason no one thought to include a stump cam angle, you don't get any broadcast style angles in replays, only the option to focus on the ball or the player.

well finally i scored my 1st century, but it was not individual score it was my whole team's score.
made 106/10 against afganistan in casual mode 4 day match in 2nd innings.

actually the replays could just be better on the whole, for some reason no one thought to include a stump cam angle, you don't get any broadcast style angles in replays, only the option to focus on the ball or the player.

That's wrong. If you wait for a couple of replays the stump cam will appear.

Edit: ignore me, I didn't realise you were talking about the interactive replay

Last edited:
Game

Just bought the game today for xbox,havent worked out how to hit the ball on a regular basis while batting yet.:eek:

I chose to be a fast bowling all rounder for my career. That would appear to have been a mistake. Even when bowling at 91 mph it looks as if he is only bowling at 75 mph. There is no bounce or zip to the bowling. Bowling a bouncer is a waste of time because it just gets clattered to the boundary. On occasions the ball has bounced three times before it gets to the wicket keeper. Even if I did get an edge, nothing would carry to the keeper or slips.
Bowling has just become a little bit of a chore. I've found the best way to get a wicket is just to keep bowling full 'inswinging' yorkers, which don't swing, but I'm told that they do. :(

I chose to be a fast bowling all rounder for my career. That would appear to have been a mistake. Even when bowling at 91 mph it looks as if he is only bowling at 75 mph. There is no bounce or zip to the bowling. Bowling a bouncer is a waste of time because it just gets clattered to the boundary. On occasions the ball has bounced three times before it gets to the wicket keeper. Even if I did get an edge, nothing would carry to the keeper or slips.
Bowling has just become a little bit of a chore. I've found the best way to get a wicket is just to keep bowling full 'inswinging' yorkers, which don't swing, but I'm told that they do. :(

Don't say that first line to anyone struggling with batting.. fast bowling in the game, at least when you're coming from the batters perspective, is fast. There are times when you can see the difference (especially when I'm non-striker) to a quicker ball your AI team mate is facing.

This is what I did when I didn't believe that the game reflected bounce correctly. Start a casual match playing with Australian test team, make the pitch nice and hard, start up with Mitch, thrown in a short quick one.. watch the batsmans head rattle. amazing how much a difference it makes with a damn good bowler on a bounce-friendly wicket.

Okay, two small problems that I have but I'm not exactly sure if its to do with my controller or something within the game. Problems are:

1. on spin bowling, every now and then my bowler will just switch from over the wicket to around the wicket without me doing anything. No biggie but shouldn't happen.
2. after bowling spin over the wicket, the bowler is SLOW to turn and return to the stumps such that I miss runouts. however, bowling around the wicket, he'll zoom back to the stumps (ie. turning left vs turning right). anyone experienced this?
3. Quite a few times now, I've been bowled by a pace bowler after selecting a leg glance ie. LAS = down, RAS = down/left (say 8 o'clock position) and yet my batsman does a LATE CUT. This is the worst as I'm left there stunned and looking at my controls which are in the position as stated above.

Again I don't know if its a problem with my controls (I'm wondering whether all this spinning of the LAS is somehow damaging it) or what. And I DONT want to go blaming DB14 when it could potentially be a problem with my controller.

Geeting Names into the Game?

Gday Ross

I was hoping i could get my name put into the game when you next have the oppurtunity

Mick & Whiskas (said like the catfood)

I made this a thread just in case any others wanted to get involved in getting their names put in.

Maybe it might be too much work until the next iteration of the game but i thought id give it a try as I am developing into quite the stud player if i dont say so myself!!

cheers

Personally I haven't really played with the leg glance or late cut since the early days with the nets in CA on the PC, but without being able to test it on the game right now, I'd say it'd be down to timing.. perhaps with where the ball is at when the movement is made.

Don't say that first line to anyone struggling with batting.. fast bowling in the game, at least when you're coming from the batters perspective, is fast. There are times when you can see the difference (especially when I'm non-striker) to a quicker ball your AI team mate is facing.

This is what I did when I didn't believe that the game reflected bounce correctly. Start a casual match playing with Australian test team, make the pitch nice and hard, start up with Mitch, thrown in a short quick one.. watch the batsmans head rattle. amazing how much a difference it makes with a damn good bowler on a bounce-friendly wicket.

+1

The issue is more about the keeper standing far far away even on pitches that are low and thus collects most of the deliveries after a bounce or very low.

3. Quite a few times now, I've been bowled by a pace bowler after selecting a leg glance ie. LAS = down, RAS = down/left (say 8 o'clock position) and yet my batsman does a LATE CUT. This is the worst as I'm left there stunned and looking at my controls which are in the position as stated above.

(I'm wondering whether all this spinning of the LAS is somehow damaging it)

3) Never had that happen, what my guy likes to do when attempting a leg glance is leap across to the other side of the stumps, completely miss the ball and watch the ball crash into his stumps.

:facepalm

3) Never had that happen, what my guy likes to do when attempting a leg glance is leap across to the other side of the stumps, completely miss the ball and watch the ball crash into his stumps.

yep...have that happen quite a lot as well, but hence why I'm asking the question - there's been other little problems I haven't mentioned which is why I thought I'd ask here...my poor little controller! (its the USB one I use for my pc as well)

I agree, from the batter's perspective the bowling does appear much faster then when you are bowling. Bouncers fly past your head so fast it's almost impossible to deal with them. That's how it should play when you are bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread