Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

One thing I did when I was bored between revision was load up the game: create two identical quick bowlers and have one as the tallest height and the other as the shortest, and then added them to a team to see how different heights affected ball trajectories.

As an experiment, its really interesting to see how different the bounce is! They both could bowl up to 97MPH: but a bouncer from the tall guy would be head height at least: while from the short guy it'd be at weight height at most (thus easy to hit); while anything full from the short guy seemed to be harder to hit at anything full since even a slight half volley didn't really bounce so the ball had no elevation for the batsman to slog at it. Something that I recommend that you try out when you're bored!

I have noticed this, I have dropped Bilawal Bhatti for Mohammed Irfan from my line up because of the height difference, just did not like the amount of bounce Bhatti got.

Honestly those superhuman fielders make me just quit the game and put in another.

I really don't see the superhuman fielding anymore.. mostly because I just don't hit it in the air. I know I can't time it well or get the gap or make it to the boundary without it bouncing because my player is 16 years old and has the batting skills of a wet fish. The only time I get some air is when I'm intending to for a huge gap, or a slow ball bamboozles me forcing me to play early (like last night), in which case it usually goes straight to a fielder who doesn't even have to move).

I smash the ball and silly point catches it every other time... just don't make sense.

Why every other mistimed shot goes straight to a fielder as a catch ? It's not that i am slogging or anything, simple push/ drive becomes a catch..

and run outs.. well that is just painful to see.

I agree its a very good game but please fix these issues before people start getting fed up with bugs.

Once again, if you play low, and not aim right for the point fielders, they won't do anything. The last 100 shots I've played near the points or past the bowler, maybe 2 or 3 have been stopped, none caught. It's all about not hitting it right at them, aim around them, there is still room.

are you using my south african rebel teams? (mrdconnors on CA).

for the other teams - what creator are you using? i'd love to play some of those.

Hi, no I am not online, just downloaded the get best teams from the IT shop, then I created the West Indian rebel teams and Currie cup teams from scratch, I was a bit of a cricket fanatic when I was younger and with the help of my father I created Rhodesia, West Province, Eastern Province, Border, Boland, The Mean Machine etc. all the players are from the 80's and early 90's. I also then created all the 92 world cup and 96 world cup teams from scratch with the similar kit and all the players. and because I was a huge fan of the west indies before the money grabbers of gayle, pollard, smith and Bravo took over I made the 95 west indian team that lost the nr 1 ranking to Australia and which marked the decline of west indian cricket, just included a few other players that were still available at that time to play but could not get selected because of whatever political reason. I would love to share the teams but unluckily I am not online. I think my big Garth Le Roux impression is good.

Last edited:
Terrible umpiring doesn't make the difficulty of the batting easier to cope with.

I've been given LBW off a thick outside edge - if the ball hadn't hit the bat and changed direction, it would've missed a second leg stump.

And I just got given after being hit outside the line of off, while playing a stroke. FWIW, right arm off-spinner bowling and it turned past the bat. Pretty tough to be given out in that situation (if it hit me in-line, it's probably missing leg)

I mean, yay, realism (and I really do appreciate it), but it's very frustrating while I'm still coming to grips with the game.

Last edited:
Hi, no I am not online, just downloaded the get best teams from the IT shop, then I created the West Indian rebel teams and Currie cup teams from scratch, I was a bit of a cricket fanatic when I was younger and with the help of my father I created Rhodesia, West Province, Eastern Province, Border, Boland, The Mean Machine etc. all the players are from the 80's and early 90's. I also then created all the 92 world cup and 96 world cup teams from scratch with the similar kit and all the players. and because I was a huge fan of the west indies before the money grabbers of gayle, pollard, smith and Bravo took over I made the 95 west indian team that lost the nr 1 ranking to Australia and which marked the decline of west indian cricket, just included a few other players that were still available at that time to play but could not get selected because of whatever political reason. I would love to share the teams but unluckily I am not online. I think my big Garth Le Roux impression is good.

somebody get this guy online... i want them teams.

The thing that bugs me about the umpires is that I get edges not given that have massive deviations on them but never get appeals where they didn't edge it but it looks like they did. I'm yet to see a "wrong" decision on an edge resulting in out rather than not out.

Gdq28TY.jpg

#UniqueDBCFieldingPositions

Does anyone know if there's something in confidence that affects one's footwork?

Every now and then it seems like suddenly my career player wants to leap all over the crease. It would be entertaining, except he just got bowled because he jumped out towards the covers, for a ball that was on leg stump.

Do PS3 controllers get dodgy when they start going flat?

My superhuman fielding comment was more like you accidentally are trigger happy and set off for a stupid run, but you cannot cancel and get back in time because mid off, running away from the ball, manages to blindly flick it onto the stumps with a direct hit from 20 metres away.

Yes, this is sort of my fault to begin with, but still frustrating.

Said it before and I'll say it again: a save and continue button would help this game immensely. Back in Ashes 09 (I think it was that) when the CPU ran itself out suicidally I just reloaded the game, since I was saving every over. Made the game more realistically.

Users who are viewing this thread