Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Had some really good DRS moments on the weekend. First one was where the AI called on it when I just knew it was no where near.. ended up both hitting outside the line and going about a ball width over the bails, was a fine deflection off the upper hip. Funny thing was, now that I think about it, I swear the keeper missed catching it and deflected it into first slips hands (ala Broad).

Second decision was given out against my AI striker. Full tossed spinner that look liked it had impacted outside the line of leg stump. The ball actually got stuck in the batsman leg pads flap (second time I've seen this), but the impact was just outside of the line of the stump, so decision was reversed.

I never review the AI striker, not worth it.:p

Has anyone played and complete 50 overs in an ODI and won the match while simulated the AI batting first or vice versa ?

@HBK619

Just 2 small requests :

1. With the super strict time restraints put onto Online play whilst bowling (I`m talking about the 30 seconds per Over here) , can we not be allowed to shine the ball whilst the batsmen is "Looking around the field"

Currently you are pressed for time , and when Batsmen look around you cannot shine the ball , and then only after he has done his 5 second thingy , then you can do your 3 second thinghy.

Just would help me add some valuable time .

2. When the batsmen "looks around" and the bowler decides to change from over to around the wicket , the "looking around" is cancelled. Can this not be left to play itself out ? Currently this is being used by my dodgy online "friends" to negate the fact that I`ve managed to get the Look around button pressed before they started bowling.

I went through several online matches now , without getting to have a look at the field even Once with the above scenario playing out whenever I get one up over the bowler.

Your thoughts please.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find that sometimes when playing and missing you gain skill points? I've had it quite a few times where I've played straight to a ball that swung away, and gained straight bat skill points. Seems a bit strange to me!

Has anyone played and complete 50 overs in an ODI and won the match while simulated the AI batting first or vice versa ?

Yes, I have. I managed 319/7 from 50 overs.

Does anyone else find that sometimes when playing and missing you gain skill points? I've had it quite a few times where I've played straight to a ball that swung away, and gained straight bat skill points. Seems a bit strange to me!

The skill points given are not to do with the ball you just faced, although it can be. Every six balls a skill point accumulation is given, if you have earned it...

I only DRS'ed for my AI because it was blantaly obvious (closer than I thought at real time speed though, but still my call was correct).

I GOT A SLIPS CATCH! In match practice. But it was a low diving catch at 1st slip. THEY DO EXIST

This might have been mentioned before but it would be helpful if there was a button where the wicket keeper knocks off the bails right after the ball is bowled (in case of a stumping). I feel like there have been moments where some quick keeping could have resulted in a stumping, but the keeper didn't knock the bails off. Just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread