Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Does anyone else find that sometimes when playing and missing you gain skill points? I've had it quite a few times where I've played straight to a ball that swung away, and gained straight bat skill points. Seems a bit strange to me!

You get skill points in 6 ball lots

so even if you miss the 6th ball, you will get a +1 on something you have done well for the previous 5 balls.

so In summary, every 6 balls you should get a +1 in something, and I mean every 6 balls you face, not every 6 balls of the game

take note, after you have faced 6, 12, 18, 24, 30.... you will se a +1 of something pop up!!

----------

The mods created for the PC version can they be shared through CA for console players as well??

I hope they can, this is a very interesting question and I would love for someone with some knowledge to answer this

can it be done in other games? what other games out there have mods for PC version that can be translated to a PS3 version, are there any??

There isn't any legitimate way to incorporate mods into console versions, the system is locked down.

yeah i wouldve thought so, oh well PC version it is when I eventually get tired of the normal version

so even if you miss the 6th ball, you will get a +1 on something you have done well for the previous 5 balls.

so In summary, every 6 balls you should get a +1 in something, and I mean every 6 balls you face, not every 6 balls of the game

take note, after you have faced 6, 12, 18, 24, 30.... you will se a +1 of something pop up!!

I dont think my guy works like this. I almost always get + on air swings. It seems unlikely that I just happen to air swing every 6th shot. Possible I guess.

has anyone managed to get the 'score run without hitting the ball' achievement yet? Was tempted to do it but the keepers stand so close.

I got one very early. Was purely luck. The bowler bowled a bouncer that went over the keeper's head.

I'm not sure if the achievement requires a bye, meaning that in the above case the ball was high but not over the batsman's head, or wides are okay.

I can't remember which one I got.

----------

I hope they can, this is a very interesting question and I would love for someone with some knowledge to answer this

can it be done in other games? what other games out there have mods for PC version that can be translated to a PS3 version, are there any??

In PES 2014 some creators have been able to do a mod file for kits and stuff for console which I have to be honest was really good and made the licensing issue pretty much null and void. The guy who seems to be this best at the modding for the xbox version is called Daymos.

I dont think my guy works like this. I almost always get + on air swings. It seems unlikely that I just happen to air swing every 6th shot. Possible I guess.

This. I'm pretty sure they don't come every 6 balls. I seem to get them when I play good shots, but then whenever I play and miss with a straight bat, I get a skill point, and it's not just a co-incidence that I play and miss every 6th ball.

has anyone managed to get the 'score run without hitting the ball' achievement yet? Was tempted to do it but the keepers stand so close.

Last night a bouncer was balled that the keeper really had to jump high to get, very Haddin like. What really impressed me as I watched it (and hoped he'd miss) was that he actually landed about a meter behind, like he jumped up and backwards or the momentum of the ball forced him to half-stumble backwards as he landed.. very cool.

Another little cool thing I noticed was an animation the bowler did recently when the umpire shook his head after an apeal was turned down, the bowler looked down and also shook his head in disapointment.. absolutely amazing.

This. I'm pretty sure they don't come every 6 balls. I seem to get them when I play good shots, but then whenever I play and miss with a straight bat, I get a skill point, and it's not just a co-incidence that I play and miss every 6th ball.

They do, make sure you look next time. You get them for playing a good shot (I 'think' only when a 4 is scored, but I'm not sure, and only it appers when the shot played was the right one for the delivery, it won't give you a + for a lucky 4), but always on the 6th ball you have faced (as long as you've not had a complete shocker of a series of 6 balls.. pretty sure I did not get one at any stage during my maiden last night.

They do, make sure you look next time. You get them for playing a good shot (I 'think' only when a 4 is scored, but I'm not sure, and only it appers when the shot played was the right one for the delivery, it won't give you a + for a lucky 4), but always on the 6th ball you have faced (as long as you've not had a complete shocker of a series of 6 balls.. pretty sure I did not get one at any stage during my maiden last night.

Ross confirmed on here that it is a 6 ball cycle. The trigger for getting a point is apparently "scoring enough runs for the type of game" - I expect this means the bar is lower in FCC, slightly higher in 50 overs and higher still in T20.

Does anyone else want a trophy for when the umpire has given them out off a bad decision? It's a cool thing, that they can get it wrong - but oh my it didn't half just tangle my undies watching the ball go clearly under the bat with no deviation on the interactive replay.

/whine

I've looked. They do happen randomly at times. I've played and missed two balls in a row with a straight bat, and got a straight bat skill point both times. Some of the points might be on a 6 ball cycle, but the play and miss one definitely isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread