Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Innovating new ways to make screenshots/trailers look nothing like the final retail product

Heh. Sports games apart (they look a BIT different, although all look like each other) the E3 games so far are pretty much all like this. From the conferences I have seen about 20 incarnations of the basic same game, shown off with trailers constructed from the exact same template.

At the moment AAA gaming is like a world in which only Marvel movies get made.

The only really encouraging thing so far is that MS have put more effort into their Xdev program, trying to catch up with Sony, which may mean that people can still make interesting stuff and get published there.

Heh. Sports games apart (they look a BIT different, although all look like each other) the E3 games so far are pretty much all like this. From the conferences I have seen about 20 incarnations of the basic same game, shown off with trailers constructed from the exact same template.

At the moment AAA gaming is like a world in which only Marvel movies get made.

The only really encouraging thing so far is that MS have put more effort into their Xdev program, trying to catch up with Sony, which may mean that people can still make interesting stuff and get published there.

Oh I was referring to the actual graphical quality as opposed to how the 'feel' of the game. The gap between 'working' screenshots of next gen Madden 25 and the final release product was incredible (in the negative).

Oh I was referring to the actual graphical quality as opposed to how the 'feel' of the game. The gap between 'working' screenshots of next gen Madden 25 and the final release product was incredible (in the negative).

Yeah, there's basically "Target Renders" where you show what you think it might look like (usually completely composed) and then "WIP" screens which are usually in game, but tarted up a bit in Photoshop (like airbrushing a model!).

Gamers are pretty savvy so people don't usually push it, and so long as you're honest about what is being shown there's usually no trouble. People understand the difference.

Yeah, there's basically "Target Renders" where you show what you think it might look like (usually completely composed) and then "WIP" screens which are usually in game, but tarted up a bit in Photoshop (like airbrushing a model!).

Gamers are pretty savvy so people don't usually push it, and so long as you're honest about what is being shown there's usually no trouble. People understand the difference.

Yeh gamers have definitely improved in spotting the 'bullshots'. Given it was obviously the first Madden title on the next gen, there wasn't really anyway of knowing what was real and what was tarted up.

It is certainly a lot better than the mid 2000s where EA had 100% CGI trailers that looked nothing like the game (see NBA Live for a couple of years)

Ouch.
gARqbAh.jpg

OycMJZ9.jpg

@MattW Did you get my PM the other day?
Yeah, I'll be honest and say they don't look particularly good in game - because any rough edges from cutting stand out a lot.
j6JI1jC.jpg

It's why pretty much every bat modder in the Cricket 07 forum focuses on 'scratch' bats - designing the stickers by hand rather than cutting around a photo of a bat - it just turns out much better that way.

@Ross : I was watching E3 and when I was looking at those those CEO and producer on the stage showing their game, I was thinking of you only..I thought that it would be cool to see Ross on the stage as well showing Don Bradman Cricket [any version] of the game showing a trailer and a loud cheer from the crowd and after the trailer Mikey or HBK coming on the stage to do a stage demo of the game and everyone is stunned looking at the game and HUGE applause from the crowd at the end...It would surely be a proud moment for all the PC and IVG forum members and all the game lovers....It's my dream which I want to real in the near future..All the best for all the future project and hope you beat those EA records in sports gaming...:cheers:thumbs

@Rossshowing Don Bradman Cricket [any version] of the game showing a trailer and a loud cheer from the crowd and after the trailer Mikey or HBK coming on the stage to do a stage demo of the game and everyone is stunned looking at the game and HUGE applause from the crowd at the end...

Either that or a bunch of Americans going "what's a cricket?"

Hopefully the patch can fix the niggling issues with the game, and with it's move into the PC market they can look to patch 3 and ultimately future versions. It is a magnificent base they have built, now they have to solidify their position in the market and keep up the great work.

Hopefully buying a steam version to go with my 360 version (might also buy a second steam version and gift it to a friend of mine) will help the sales numbers, even that little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread