Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Is that sorta like guns dont kill people, people do...

I could probably find research that says eating Acai berries will enlarge my manhood by 35%
But if you ask my missus who is a 10 year veteran of my goods she will tell you im dreaming.

I know that doesnt really make much sense

Last edited:
If he were Gabe Newell I could understand that, but Gabe Newell has the opposite opinion on piracy.
As much as i like gabe newell, if you can get his opinion specifically taking into nature of cricket itself which is not widespread and then the cricket game industry , history, and the demographic were its popular then i would acept it till then, ross or chief have more weight in the opinion than gabe.

Also @Ross how does the 100% of PC compare with 100% of console sales..as that would give us a better idea of future of dbc pc.

you have just seen figures related to this game showing that a country that has less than 10% of legal PC sales takes up nearly 90% of the people playing the game.

that looks like a problem to me.

Yes, but a country that has a history of low legal sales.

Than the recent research?

If he were Gabe Newell I could understand that, but Gabe Newell has the opposite opinion on piracy.

I hate the pirates with a passion, but I'm not convinced that piracy is the problem.

Seriously, I've seen it all and have more data than will ever be made public, and its very recent, as in minutes old. You can accept that or not but unless you know Gabe really well then you have no idea actually whether he has the opposite view on piracy at all. You don't know what data he has, nor whether it is his interests for his particular view on that day - you cannot tell me categorically if this his personal view, his company view, or if there another motive or indeed he was misrepresented in the media? I don't know so I can bet you don't.

In any case, there is one thing you cannot argue with and that is the fact that there are a lot of console games that do not come to PC and many that are delayed. This is a hard fact. You can wish it to be different and make all sorts of rationalisations until the cows come home as to why it's the wrong view, but it just isn't a view shared by the vast majority in the industry. There are reasons for that and those reasons are all at odds with your assessment.

Anyway... enough of that :)

Last edited:
Number 3:

xxsl.jpg

Busy morning...

Yes, but a country that has a history of low legal sales.

irrelevant, since he's showing total people playing the game across the world.

also, if the games didn't release on PC it might encourage the console uptake in the country and change the approach to piracy in the country.

if the game didn't release on PC and 10% of the people pirating in India on PC bought the console version instead, the sales figures would be transformed.

irrelevant, since he's showing total people playing the game across the world.

also, if the games didn't release on PC it might encourage the console uptake in the country and change the approach to piracy in the country.

if the game didn't release on PC and 10% of the people pirating in India on PC bought the console version instead, the sales figures would be transformed.

Why do people assume that piracy on the Xbox 360 and PS3 is nonexistent. It's a problem on there as well, just not as "loud" due to it generally being a hardware crack, rather than a software one to my knowledge.

Why do people assume that piracy on the Xbox 360 and PS3 is nonexistent. It's a problem on there as well, just not as "loud" due to it generally being a hardware crack, rather than a software one to my knowledge.

so not many people will do it right...then why be bothered.

Seriously, I've seen it all and have more data than will ever be made public, and its very recent, as in minutes old. You can accept that or not but unless you know Gabe really well then you have no idea actually whether he has the opposite view on piracy at all. You don't know what data he has, nor whether it is his interests for his particular view on that day - you cannot tell me categorically if this his personal view, his company view, or if there another motive or indeed he was misrepresented in the media? I don't know so I can bet you don't.

In any case, there is one thing you cannot argue with and that is the fact that there are a lot of console games that do not come to PC and many that are delayed. This is a hard fact. You can wish it to be different and make all sorts of rationalisations until the cows come home as to why it's the wrong view, but it just isn't a view shared by the vast majority in the industry. There are reasons for that and those reasons are all at odds with your assessment.

Anyway... enough of that :)

I get your concerns, and I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but I do understand I'm not the one with my money in it.

Can you answer one question though, is this likely at this point to be the last PC version? If so are you looking at PS4 and Xbone versions for DBC 15 or whatever it may end up being?

Additionally, how do the legal sales figures stack up for the console sales in terms of %s?

No one assumes that at all, that's an incorrect assumption on your part.

We also have data on the Xbox and PS3 torrents/Academy usage - not even close to the PC numbers, on PS3 it's almost insignificant.

----------

I get your concerns, and I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but I do understand I'm not the one with my money in it.

Can you answer one question though, is this likely at this point to be the last PC version? If so are you looking at PS4 and Xbone versions for DBC 15 or whatever it may end up being?

At this point I would say that we have committed to PC versions and so we will still make them for our games. It may change the timing though, two months is probably not long enough it seems. Make no mistake, I want the sales to be better on PC.

it's not nonexistent, but it's substantially less. hence i didn't assume a 100% sales conversion. i went for 1 in 10...

it's not nonexistent, but it's substantially less. hence i didn't assume a 100% sales conversion. i went for 1 in 10...

Sales conversion for piracy in general is no where near 100% either, regardless of platforms. A lot of people who would pirate a game would never have bought it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread