Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Wazzap people. Solid game. However, when you are batting, is there any middle ground behind playing defensive strokes (which go nowhere), and playing the normal strokes (which go in the air and risk getting you out caught)?

I remember in Brian Lara Cricket 2007 we had the option of a sort of push-shot, where you can just push/nudge balls into gaps relatively risk free to pinch singles and twos. I'm looking for that sort of middle ground, instead of playing a block-block-attack sort of game.

Slightly pressing the right trigger is the games version of a push. It needs a bit more of a spectrum though, as the pushes are fairly impotent.

Slightly pressing the right trigger is the games version of a push. It needs a bit more of a spectrum though, as the pushes are fairly impotent.
Aha, I see.

That's something to work on for future patches I guess.

So when you all bat, in career or in casual, what's your gameplan? If you can block/push for singles early on, do you just block block block till you see a ball you can hit?

And is there such a thing as confidence or some measure of how settled your batsman is in career mode? I read around here that there apparently isn't?

I know some of you are interested in this:

Australia 30.6%
United Kingdom 28.3%
India 9.7%
South Africa 7.0%
United States 6.5%
New Zealand 4.9%
Russian Federation 3.5%
Canada 2.3%
United Arab Emirates 0.9%
Germany 0.7%
other 5.6%

The Australian version, like the Indian version, is based on a conversion of the US$ price. Australians are effectively getting the game $20 per unit off the retail price in an effort for us to hopefully get better sales in India. It hasn't worked. If we were to drop the price further in India as an inducement, the price would also drop in Australia - that does not make commercial sense as the numbers in India will not compensate for the money not made in Australia (and elsewhere).

ffs we were winning the day before yesterday

You know us Aussies, letting you get all comfortable then BAM!

PS: Going out for lunch, think I'll turn the sprinklers on while I'm out :spy

will the game available till end of august on steam? Because i really want to buy game after my exam. (And i have little knowledge of steam game sales:) )

Its going to be there forever. Take your time learn about Steam just do not pirate the game. Not cool man and not worth it.

[/COLOR]
Its going to be there forever. Take your time learn about Steam just do not pirate the game. Not cool man and not worth it.

i dont want to pirate the game. :lol My only concern was whether to buy game this month or next month. And that ashes crap was ripped off from steam just after two weeks. And nice job by calling anyone a pirate who asks anything about the game :facepalm

Now lets see the stats on where the games being most pirated stolen... I've got $5 says it's a reverse of the legal stats.

Technically you'd lose your $5 :)

Based on the IP address list I have there are many more pirate copies in India than the entire sales WW by a very large multiple, so it wouldn't be reversed, it would read something like this: (This is sales + pirate copies combined so as to show who's playing the game):

India 89.67%
Australia 3.50%
United Kingdom 3.23%
South Africa 0.80%
United States 0.75%
New Zealand 0.57%
Russian Federation 0.40%
Canada 0.26%
United Arab Emirates 0.10%
Germany 0.08%
other 0.64%

(This is sales + pirate copies combined so as to show who's playing the game):

India 89.67%
Australia 3.50%
United Kingdom 3.23%
South Africa 0.80%
United States 0.75%
New Zealand 0.57%
Russian Federation 0.40%
Canada 0.26%
Germany 0.08%
other 0.64%

That is crazy numbers! :mad I didnt think it would be that bad Must be so frustrating - I hope they all get whats coming to them

Based on the IP address list I have there are many more pirate copies in India than the entire sales WW by a very large multiple, so it wouldn't be reversed, it would read something like this: (This is sales + pirate copies combined so as to show who's playing the game):

India 89.67%
Australia 3.50%
United Kingdom 3.23%
South Africa 0.80%
United States 0.75%
New Zealand 0.57%
Russian Federation 0.40%
Canada 0.26%
Germany 0.08%
other 0.64%

the pc version should have been without patch 2 at release, with get best teams available to only verified owners.

India 89.67%
Australia 3.50%
United Kingdom 3.23%
South Africa 0.80%
United States 0.75%
New Zealand 0.57%
Russian Federation 0.40%
Canada 0.26%
Germany 0.08%
other 0.64%

Good Lord. :noway