Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Because I'm curious how much of an impact piracy is having in Australia and the UK, India as a developing market is known for high piracy and it should be damn near expected, as disgusting as it is. If piracy is a huge problem in Australia and the UK as well, then that is even more worrisome.

----------

India is like that as a developing nation though, so it's not entirely unexpected. I hope it changes, but the UK and Australia need to be the primary markets still.

can i say one thing also , if multiplayer is very good then more people will buy game and also i personally think sales in india will boost up slowly slowly ofcourse it takes time but figures wil be change.

India is like that as a developing nation though,

Don't buy it, sorry. Have you been there? They've got Malls, they've got Nike stores... all of which you pay money for products. PC's cost money, so do controllers. This idea of "they don't know better" is total nonsense, they know exactly what they're doing... I've had this argument with an ex-colleague who steals a ton of games and knows it's wrong, and has no issue with it because he thinks he's the smartest dude in the room. He's also the first guy to buy the latest mobile phone for a bajillion dollars or upgrade his Laptop or complain about how he's not paid enough. It's the most asinine argument to make, especially when you know a few guys like the ones we've seen in the forum. It comes back to entitlement and how they honestly believed they're OWED this shit for free because they've gone out and wasted money somewhere else.

The Indian price being tied to the Australian price via the US$ has caused us great pain. If I had known about the low Indian sales volume then I would be honest and say I'd have priced it for Australia without regard to India.

Are regional steam sales possible? Maybe a cheap push in India could get the word around about it at the very least, particularly the benefits of steam with the updates etc.

Im off to the Oval in August for the Eng v Ind Test, send me some fliers and I will spread them around the oval ;)

Sod it send me a T-Shirt with the Game splattered all over it and I will even wear it all day!

You could dress up as a a large KP Nut with a placard asking bumble if he's any good at DBC :) things like that should get you on TV :)

Maybe a cheap push in India

You don't get it. It's ALREADY cheap. The price is modified already to get it selling. $50 is not expensive.

Don't buy it, sorry. Have you been there? They've got Malls, they've got Nike stores... all of which you pay money for products. PC's cost money, so do controllers. This idea of "they don't know better" is total nonsense, they know exactly what they're doing... I've had this argument with an ex-colleague who steals a ton of games and knows it's wrong, and has no issue with it because he thinks he's the smartest dude in the room. He's also the first guy to buy the latest mobile phone for a bajillion dollars or upgrade his Laptop or complain about how he's not paid enough. It's the most asinine argument to make, especially when you know a few guys like the ones we've seen in the forum. It comes back to entitlement and how they honestly believed they're OWED this shit for free because they've gone out and wasted money somewhere else.

It's not that they "don't know better" or can't afford it, it's the cultural side that's the issue, there is a larger population in India that can afford the game than the UK and Australia combined.

You don't get it. It's ALREADY cheap. The price is modified already to get it selling. $50 is not expensive.

You're in some mood Biggs.

$50 is cheap to some, but many, particularly with the cultural side, won't see it as such. $50 in the US is about standard for games. It's just Australia where we get screwed at $100 for most new releases. A sale would at least convert some pirates, and help spread the word.

but many, particularly with the cultural side, won't see it as such.

So what, did they just get given a computer and controller for free did they? How about their internet connection, did that fall off the back of a lorry? I'm in a mood because there's a whole bunch of dicks out there ruining cricket games for everyone and you're like "oh well, shit happens, maybe make it cheaper for them?". They're the same guys that steal $1 iPhone apps... it's not about price.

You're in some mood Biggs.

$50 is cheap to some, but many, particularly with the cultural side, won't see it as such. $50 in the US is about standard for games. It's just Australia where we get screwed at $100 for most new releases. A sale would at least convert some pirates, and help spread the word.

alberts i m agree with u totally in this.

So what, did they just get given a computer and controller for free did they? How about their internet connection, did that fall off the back of a lorry? I'm in a mood because there's a whole bunch of dicks out there ruining cricket games for everyone and you're like "oh well, shit happens".

It's not "shit happens", it's awful, none of us want to see another one go down like the the others, but you're oversimplifying the issue and by doing so ignoring many of the ways it can be combated. It's only through understanding it that you can actually fix it.

So your understanding is "price it bargain basement to get some money, because that's better than none?" Do you understand how totally unsustainable that is and how it's not getting us any closer to the goal of getting regularly financed cricket gaming products? Talk me through these "many ways" to combat it, because for me there's only one; Pay a fair price for it. That fair price, is $50.

A process that needs tweaking? That's putting it mildly. Hahah... It's almighty tweaked.

I had put it that way because its is a slow process which will surely take time for positive results....Hope that this happens in a progressive manner....:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread