Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Donate $50 and get the game for free

a) Internet is very cheap in India
b) Fake controllers exist
c) Most people will be playing these on low end, several year old PCs on the lowest setting.

ALSO coming from an Indian family I can tell you I've had the discussion, and part of the negotiation to get your parents to buy you a nice computer and a controller or a console is that that will be the only investment they are making and you will handle obtaining the games yourself.

And even if they could afford the game, the culture is that you don't pay for something when you can get the same thing for cheaper or for free. Doing so makes you look like an idiot.

Now I'm not saying this attitude is right, but it is important to understand the culture of the market you are selling to. You can't change the customer, but you can understand them and market your product accordingly.

The free games with ads system is very popular in India and with Indian phone apps, as is the free Lite version + paid Premium version. Both definitely worth checking out.

Also having said all this, is there any system in place by which those of us who want to further support Big Ant and their efforts to make cricket games to donate cash to them, outside of buying the game? Cause I'm sure you'll find several people very willing to donate.

I'd drop $100 straight too them if I had the option.

I actually think there's a lot of untapped potential in the UK market. My focus would be getting as much free advertising as possible and doing some CBA on the viability of paid adverts on Steam, in cricket magazines etc.

I actually think there's a lot of untapped potential in the UK market. My focus would be getting as much free advertising as possible and doing some CBA on the viability of paid adverts on Steam, in cricket magazines etc.

Reckon we could get someone on Sky to mention it during the England/India test?

Or atleast the guys on Polite Enquiries.

I'd drop $100 straight too them if I had the option.

Well you're always welcome to buy a second copy ;)
The "pay what you want" models (think Radiohead did it first?) are great in theory but only in a tiny tiny fraction of cases do they increase revenue (citation missing).

----------

Reckon we could get someone on Sky to mention it during the England/India test?

Or atleast the guys on Polite Enquiries.

There's a fair amount of potential on twitter to be honest. If I was planning a campaign I'd also be looking to do something with TestMatchSofa. Sky might be constrained by their ECB partnership (and not to mention David Lloyd being an AC13 commentator).

Well you're always welcome to buy a second copy ;)
The "pay what you want" models (think Radiohead did it first?) are great in theory but only in a tiny tiny fraction of cases do they increase revenue (citation missing).

Too much overhead to Steam. If they had someone of directly giving it to them though I'd be all for it.

----------

There's a fair amount of potential on twitter to be honest. If I was planning a campaign I'd also be looking to do something with TestMatchSofa.

Been trying on Reddit, it tends to get good sales booms on steam when they get into an idea. The key is a picture or something that'll go viral on there.

Did that. Can I donate more is my question.

They may look to crowd sourcing DLC or something, if that's the case my wallet is open. The BEST thing to do is encourage strongly friends support the game across all platforms, especially on PC by the looks of things.

Been trying on Reddit, it tends to get good sales booms on steam when they get into an idea. The key is a picture or something that'll go viral on there.

If we could edit save games...
we could so what I've done for past series and create the match situation (for current tests) each morning for people to play along to.

I'd be against your views. Flipkart (Local Online Retailer) has it priced at ?3,799. That's easily the costliest game I've seen out there, beating even Titanfall and many other well-known titles. $50 on steam is not cheap either when compared to other games. 30 or...40 would have been more reasonable if you ask me. I still am getting it anyways given the hardcore cricket fan that I am.

But even with the hefty price tag, it doesn't give a valid reason to pirate the game. Buy it or don't play it at all. My thoughts on that.

Hefty? Jesus.

If we could edit save games...
we could so what I've done for past series and create the match situation (for current tests) each morning for people to play along to.

Could ask Ross about a "match situation" mode that we could upload matches to the academy.

They may look to crowd sourcing DLC or something, if that's the case my wallet is open. The BEST thing to do is encourage strongly friends support the game across all platforms, especially on PC by the looks of things.
I think payable DLCs are good. A simple donation button on their website would be better; maybe with incentives like getting your last name on their commentary in future editions, or your face in the game...

Users who are viewing this thread