Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If Big Ant are able to make a second version next year they will be going to market with a much more solid product and, with licenses and bigger and better marketing, I would expect them to hit the sales levels of IC10 at least. Right now my concern is that the hugely disappointing sales of the game despite its quality, will make a follow-up unviable. I find it astonishing that Ross is still here answering questions and providing support for a game that feels like it was made exclusively for Planetcricket members.

Im thinking that come Australian summer time the sales here will really pick up. Whether or not its enough i suppose time will tell. A large number of family/friends of mine for instance, are avid gamers but are too invested in football season to even give this a second glance at the moment.
Big Ant have a pretty good rep down here and are quite well known by gamers, and from my small sample size at least, word of mouth is helping.

I also wonder what affect the new consoles are having on 360/PS3 sales.
I detect a fair amount of snoberry from new console owners (PS4 Xbone) that refuse to go back to the old for whatever reason despite some good games still rolling out.

Well you're always welcome to buy a second copy ;)
The "pay what you want" models (think Radiohead did it first?) are great in theory but only in a tiny tiny fraction of cases do they increase revenue (citation missing).

Yeah, nah, Radiohead were really late to the "pay what you want" party. There had been many, many underground and independent artists doing that for quite a while before Thom had his "amazing idea, man!"

Could ask Ross about a "match situation" mode that we could upload matches to the academy.

To be honest I hate asking Ross to spend development time adding things in. Firstly it's more money and secondly the more they add now the less likely people are to buy the next version.

To be honest I hate asking Ross to spend development time adding things in. Firstly it's more money and secondly the more they add now the less likely people are to buy the next version.

True. Very true.

There's got to be some way we can help with marketing though.

Yeah, nah, Radiohead were really late to the "pay what you want" party. There had been many, many underground and independent artists doing that for quite a while before Thom had his "amazing idea, man!"

Well I didn't think it was totally original!
I can see finance directors tearing their hair out at the idea...

I think payable DLCs are good. A simple donation button on their website would be better; maybe with incentives like getting your last name on their commentary in future editions, or your face in the game...

yup it would be great. m ready to give some donation :) :)

Well I didn't think it was totally original!
I can see finance directors tearing their hair out at the idea...

Good. Once we get the industry out of music, we'll have music back.

*edit* something, something, cricket on topic blah.

Oh, wait, I know - I just got another thin edge through to the keeper because the ball passed through the bat. That was great, I really enjoy not even being able to talk about the issues with the physics/hitboxes because of the people who delight in informing me I just need to get better at the game.

Last edited:
Technically you'd lose your $5 :)

Based on the IP address list I have there are many more pirate copies in India than the entire sales WW by a very large multiple, so it wouldn't be reversed, it would read something like this: (This is sales + pirate copies combined so as to show who's playing the game):

India 89.67%
Australia 3.50%
United Kingdom 3.23%
South Africa 0.80%
United States 0.75%
New Zealand 0.57%
Russian Federation 0.40%
Canada 0.26%
United Arab Emirates 0.10%
Germany 0.08%
other 0.64%

That's extremely disappointing. Absolutely infuriated by those stats. DBC14 is the best cricketing game that's ever been made and it pains me to see this. I've supported the game by buying an xbox360 and a pc copy as I recognise how much effort has been put in and how fantastic the post release support has been by @Ross and the team. Just lost for words, that these idiots are harming the future of cricket games for all.

That's extremely disappointing. Absolutely infuriated by those stats. DBC14 is the best cricketing game that's ever been made and it pains me to see this. I've supported the game by buying an xbox360 and a pc copy as I recognise how much effort has been put in and how fantastic the post release support has been by @Ross and the team. Just lost for words, that these idiots are harming the future of cricket games for all.

Absolutely agree with this buddy.

If the ICC didn't have it's own head up it's ass I would say fire off some emails to them to get them across it? Anyone have some contacts at Adidas or other licencee's? Getting them to cross promote their brands in the game as DLC would absolutely help... Spamming twitter would also be good as a grass roots "save DBC14" type thing? Needs a catchy graphic, tag line is "don't let it die before early September"

*shrugs* It's happening already, man. Just not in the commercial radio land where the people with tin ears play.

Helped along by people like Robin Thicke being the front-and-centre face of the commerical music scene.

Sold 55 albums in Austrlia on the week of release. 550 world wide. Funniest thing I've ever heard of.

What I'd really like to see is the copyright infringement figures on that. I bet people aren't even taking it for free ...

[On Topic] It's depressing to me that Amateur is too easy, and Pro is too hard for me to enjoy batting, while Pro is too easy and Veteran is too hard for me to enjoy bowling.

I'm getting over my love for what is still the best cricket video game ever released :(

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest ... reading all the comments make me sad as an Indian gamer.

Piracy is so prevalent in India that you would be humilatated in a group when you buy an original game.
All students who rely on parents money have computers but they never buy games.
I and some more of my friends were laughed at when we had bought Counter-Strike :D

The only way is to not release PC versions in India as come what may. Even if DBC was selling at 1000 INR people will pirate:mad

There should be a strong verification online which is a must or may be someting else which allows user to sign in before playing. IT IS A MUST !

Back to my PS3 as I need to take revenge for my 49 run out yesterday :cheers

Hefty? Jesus.
When other well known titles turn out to be cheaper than this, the word fits the context perfectly. I do understand the reasons behind its pricing, but that's still pretty expensive, at least to the vast majority here. I'm going to get it anyway, so the price doesn't really bother me now. Just saying :)

Users who are viewing this thread