Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

But even with the hefty price tag, it doesn't give a valid reason to pirate the game. Buy it or don't play it at all. My thoughts on that.

So F1 "Classic" 2013 above us in Steam listing is $89.99, F1 below us is $69.99, Football manager is $69.99, ProEvo is 59.99

Not that I like comparing the "apples and oranges" of games and their markets but we are significantly cheaper than these titles that are around us in the Steam charts, so I ask, Why do people here maintain that we are the most expensive game they have ever seen in India when it is patently false?

So F1 "Classic" 2013 above us in Steam listing is $89.99, F1 below us is $69.99, Football manager is $69.99, ProEvo is 59.99

Not that I like comparing the "apples and oranges" of games and their markets but we are significantly cheaper than these titles that are around us in the Steam charts, so I ask, Why do people here maintain that we are the most expensive game they have ever seen in India when it is patently false?

They're trying to find financial reasons for a cultural problem.

On Australia though. Seriously, bit of advertising around the next Test Series in Australia and at the current price point it'll sell like hotcakes here, it is really very cheap for Australia.

All the prices you mentioned above do not match with my store prices, strangely. Football Manager is 50, and even the rest are significantly lesser than what you told. That's probably because of the nationality. But even then how does Don Bradman manage to be 50 in Australia, same as the price here, in India? Going by the rules, that should be higher than the price here. Forgive me, but I have little idea on the varying prices across the globe.

All the prices you mentioned above do not match with my store prices, strangely. Football Manager is 50, and even the rest are significantly lesser than what you told. That's probably because of the nationality. But even then how does Don Bradman manage to be 50 in Australia, same as the price here, in India? Going by the rules, that should be higher than the price here. Forgive me, but I have little idea on the varying prices across the globe.

There is no separate pricing for the Indian and Australian stores, they are both based on a conversion of the US$ price.

Fellow gamers,

Couple of quick questions:

1. I would like to save certain field setups (ex: restricted & unrestricted fields) that I can always select & use during bowling in matches...how to do that? I saved field in academy but for some reason couldn't select it during the match

2. When I refuse a run during batting, use of X or Y buttons doesn't drag the bat back into the crease instead the batsman just casually walks back to the crease, which is quite heart stopping, am I doing something wrong here?

3. After patch 2, seems like batting replays with various angles have gone...I can now only see 1 replay after every 4 or 6 hit & not multiple replays.

Thanks in advance for the help:thumbs

To be honest I hate asking Ross to spend development time adding things in. Firstly it's more money and secondly the more they add now the less likely people are to buy the next version.

It's not an issue, I'm here for the long haul :)

I actually think there's a lot of untapped potential in the UK market. My focus would be getting as much free advertising as possible and doing some CBA on the viability of paid adverts on Steam, in cricket magazines etc.

This is the shining light for me, the marketing and distribution in the UK has been a total farce and incredibly disappointing - the upside is that there is a world cup coming and an Ashes and no-one has our game.

I find it astonishing that Ross is still here answering questions and providing support for a game that feels like it was made exclusively for Planetcricket members.

I think to a degree it is the Planet Cricket members game, it has so many things like online save etc.. because members here thought it important. Anyway, I made a promise to support the game and you can't get rid of me that easily - nice try :)

There is no separate pricing for the Indian and Australian stores, they are both based on a conversion of the US$ price.
There's certainly Australian specific pricing in the store, you can check yourself by adding the cc=au or cc=in to the urls:
Australia: Steam Search
India: Steam Search

For an extreme example - Call of Duty?: Black Ops II on Steam (AU) vs Call of Duty?: Black Ops II on Steam (IN) - the Indian prices appear to be the same as the US US$ pricing, but there's regional Australian pricing in US$ on a lot of games.

There's certainly Australian specific pricing in the store, you can check yourself by adding the cc=au or cc=in to the urls:
Australia: Steam Search
India: Steam Search

For an extreme example - Call of Duty?: Black Ops II on Steam
vs Call of Duty?: Black Ops II on Steam - the Indian prices appear to be the same as the US US$ pricing, but there's regional Australian pricing in US$ on a lot of games.

Well that would suck, Steam told us regional pricing for Australia wasn't live yet.

Well that would suck, Steam told us regional pricing for Australia wasn't live yet.
There was a leak a while back saying that they were going to do Australian Dollar pricing - perhaps that's what they were talking about. Otherwise maybe it's a special thing they do for major publishers, and not letting mere mortal developers overprice in Australia.

There was a leak a while back saying that they were going to do Australian Dollar pricing - perhaps that's what they were talking about. Otherwise maybe it's a special thing they do for major publishers, and not letting mere mortal developers overprice in Australia.

Well I've just emailed them (again) on this, it might increase in price - tell your friends to buy it while it's cheap :)

Users who are viewing this thread