Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

we really start to ramp things up by messing with your career. I can guarantee you that all of the above can all be avoided with a purchase.

The alternative is to expect "all that and more" :yes

Wow...does that mean you're able to actively hamper the playing experience of people with a pirated copy? That's very cool. :thumbs

I have to say that how the game was when it first came out, I was a little worried that so much potential had been wasted. But since patch 2 came out, it has been everything I hoped it would be.

The only thing that seems a bit odd is the number of caught and bowled chances that come up for both sides in a match. Usually they are dropped, but last night Ravi Bopara dived forward to take one. That was a great moment, but surely there shouldn't be so many chances?

That's scary.

----------

If you're playing a pirate version and having all sorts of issues like random controller disconnects, rain interrupting play, reboots, games just dropping to the desktop, and now not even being able to connect to multiplayer games, then I can assure you that these are going to be the least of your issues as we really start to ramp things up by messing with your career. I can guarantee you that all of the above can all be avoided with a purchase.

I have little time for people who play pirated copies of games. Unfortunately there are 360 console players with genuine versions of the game who are getting their careers 'messed' due to patch 2.

I have little time for people who play pirated copies of games. Unfortunately there are 360 console players with genuine versions of the game who are getting their careers 'messed' due to patch 2.

Why do you think these events are related?

The patch#2 issue is actually an inability of MS Firmware/Hardware to handle a perfectly good write call. The issue shows up in at least 20 other titles after the March Xbox Firmware update.

Last edited:
Screen Flickers in the main menu when i run it on my laptop

Bought DBC 14 PC game a few days back... I installed it.. but few problems are occuring... 1st of all whenever i go back to the main menu after playing the match... the screen starts blinking & fluctuating in the main menu box on the home screen..It only stops when a match again starts. Is this a common problem? Any Solution?
Here is the video of how my screen flickers in main menu after a match -->
The screen flickering problem in Don Bradman Cricket game - YouTube
my PC specifications - i have i5 2450 M processor 3.10 ghz , Memory 4 GB , NVidia Ge Force graphics card 1 GB
It doesnot happen when game starts for the 1st time. It happens after playing a match and afterwards when I return to main menu

Bought DBC 14 PC game a few days back... I installed it.. but few problems are occuring... 1st of all whenever i go back to the main menu after playing the match... the screen starts blinking & fluctuating in the main menu box on the home screen..It only stops when a match again starts. Is this a common problem? Any Solution?
my PC specifications - i have i5 2450 M processor 3.10 ghz , Memory 4 GB , NVidia Ge Force graphics card 1 GB
It doesnot happen when game starts for the 1st time. It happens after playing a match and afterwards when I return to main menu

Have never seen this before, have to think it's incorrect drivers or perhaps cables not pugged in 100%, purely guessing though.

Never heard of this happening, but it does sound like a driver issue as @BigAntStudios mentioned.

Which GeForce are you using if I may ask?

I have to say that how the game was when it first came out, I was a little worried that so much potential had been wasted. But since patch 2 came out, it has been everything I hoped it would be.

The only thing that seems a bit odd is the number of caught and bowled chances that come up for both sides in a match. Usually they are dropped, but last night Ravi Bopara dived forward to take one. That was a great moment, but surely there shouldn't be so many chances?

Its either that or a run rate of 14.50 with every second ball being straight driven for four.

If you're playing a pirate version and having all sorts of issues like random controller disconnects, rain interrupting play, reboots, games just dropping to the desktop, and now not even being able to connect to multiplayer games, then I can assure you that these are going to be the least of your issues as we really start to ramp things up by messing with your career. I can guarantee you that all of the above can all be avoided with a purchase.

Enough already! Release the Kraken!!!

Giving up on bowling

Difficulty - Pro

As a bowler, I prefer bowling aspect of any cricket game than batting. I am not frustrated or dissapointed just moved on to realize the fact of the game its rigged against bowling. I have tried tactics which would make Ponting, Waugh, Jardine all seem like amateurs. You name it ive done it. Still! An India vs England Tour mode test match they made 435 all out. Mostly part-timers or pie-tossers as KP would call them get in the wickets tally

What all did I try? (Note pressing R3 prompts a AI player weakness text but it bears no reality to their weakness)

A consistent wide outside the off stump line bouncer with I Sharma and V Aaron, all batsmen consistently kept cutting the ball on back foot only to land short of 3rd and 4th slips while slapping some on point and having blocked. The occasional aggressive loft above the slip cordon to find the minimalist of gaps on field. AI confidence was low, all of my bowlers were raging with confidence but no success to follow

Started the innings with the general outswing and outside seamed deliveries with a plethora of slips the batsman kept whacking them. Found the 1st wicket early just 6 overs in with a slip catch.

Moved on to a yorker surprise delivery tactic, the batsmen lifts it next to short stop behind the keeper or cuts an inswinging delivery headed for his legs by the slip cordon. Having fielders in those specific spots made no difference, he just found a gap

Inswinging deliveries hit everywhere on the legside and onside.

Lastly, any delivery thats on good length and player misses, goes above the bails. Effectively ruling out bowled or LBW, so with those out of the question, all catches falling short of the fielders like I explained, fast bowling is of no use.

Spin Bowling,

While the maiden overs building up and variation increasing does get some misses from the batsman, never did I get an edge.

Off spinner - Ashwin
Bowled over and around the wicket, the go to shot is a sweep shot which always falls short of the fielder. Out of 23 overs bowled, 3 per over, out of 46 possible catches to land in fielders hand only 1 actually got caught at backward square leg.

Wrist spinner - Chawla
The AI is more defensive, but manages to slog off the 4th or 5th bowl, even if I change the field on the 4th or 5th ball he finds a way to score off it. Sweeps get lesser and fwd defense gets more common. Close in fielders did not catch once, edges did not fly either.

Randomness- My part timers found the most success with catches falling to backward square leg or mid on and mid off much like the pre-patch 2 era.

So in Conclusion the game is rigged and bowling is not a part of game anymore.

Finally got the PC version (only took 16 mins to download :eek:) and thankfully it works just fine! the graphics aren't too bad either :thumbs

HVymImu.png

@Action22

That's a whole lot of post that adds up to, you suck at bowling.

I still get way too many wickets bowling against ai. The variation is a bit better now, there's very few pop ups to midon/off and quite a few caught behind but overall mostly lbw or bowled.

I've had several lbw king achievements (5 lbw in an innings) and as many as 6 bowled in one innings.

@Action22

Twice made too, since the same post is in the bowling guide thread too.

I wouldn't personally suggest (rather crassly) that he sucks at bowling though. I just think he's given in to his frustrations while trying to learn the tactics of bowling in this game. I mean, by the same token I could be accused of sucking at batting, whereas in reality I know it works for many people and I merely still need to learn what works for me.

Twice made too, since the same post is in the bowling guide thread too.

I wouldn't personally suggest (rather crassly) that he sucks at bowling though. I just think he's given in to his frustrations while trying to learn the tactics of bowling in this game. I mean, by the same token I could be accused of sucking at batting, whereas in reality I know it works for many people and I merely still need to learn what works for me.

I absolutely suck at batting.

As far as crass goes...I'm happy with it. . Wall of text that says the game is rigged and his awesome tactics as proof requires a direct response.

A post that says I can't seem to get any wickets can any one help me would get a different response.

@Action22

I still get way too many wickets bowling against ai. The variation is a bit better now, there's very few pop ups to midon/off and quite a few caught behind but overall mostly lbw or bowled.

I've had several lbw king achievements (5 lbw in an innings) and as many as 6 bowled in one innings.

What difficulty level do you play at? How about you take some videos of you taking these wickets for us who "suck at bowling" as I find myself in the same boat as not being able to take wickets. Some videos of bowled and LBW's you get would be really useful as a start on seeing what I am doing incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread