Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

This is a post that was meant to be posted some time back, anyway. The first time i looked into the England's jersey, the text on it seemed to be "wait ross". Also Don Bradman 14 was not released by then :) Just thought i would post it now.

So you end up appealing every time just incase.

That is the beauty of this game, you earn your wicket. You would need to appeal when you feel it for sure, same way you do in your real life cricket as well. In real life, do you wait for some vibrations to happen on the ground during every edge? :p

Like someone mentioned, have a headset/earphones if you are playing on lappy as sound isn't great on laptops. This is same thing which I do as well. It helps a lot.:thumbs

Only thing I wish for the edges is, 'Big Spot' feature!

Does anyone know how to walk after edging the ball and not being given out? Walk off without waiting for umpire's decision.

EDIT: Ah I got it, umpire has to give not out before you can decide to walk.

Last edited:
Funny Things You've Seen In DBC14!

So what has made you chuckle a little when playing Don Bradman Cricket 14? There are those moments in any game that just make you pause and go WTF? They could be glitches or just general bugs that need ironing out. Either way it's part of Sports Gaming. Every game has them.

This is meant as a lighthearted look at some of the little foibles within the game, and isn't really intended for serious criticism. However, it could be useful for spotting bugfixes I suppose!

So to start things off, I thought I'd post this lightning fast catch from my wicketkeeper as I was bowling. The ball didn't really turn but the batsman hit the ball against his pad about shin high. It turns out that the wicketkeeper had to do some digging to find the ball! He actually looked a little foolish, and I couldn't stop laughing at the time :lol

So what about you guys? What have you seen, or could show us? Let's have a good old laugh out of fondness for this great game :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
So what about you guys? What have you seen, or could show us? Let's have a good old laugh out of fondness for this great game :cheers

I've got a few photos of similar things, but haven't organised myself a hosting site for them and haven't worked out a good way to record the Ps3 :(

There's been some entertainment, though.

The short fielders in one team who apparently hated each other, because in one match they took turns throwing the ball directly at the other one.

The guys who have been so depressed about their performance they've dived headfirst into the hoardings, and then disappeared into limbo (which is where suicides go, I believe?)

A caught and bowled that I'm pretty sure bounced (similar to the above, the guy has had to dig it out of the ground in order to catch it).

The guy who, having failed to stop the four, leaps at it, throws it back over the line, then dives miraculously to stop it again - I don't think he fooled anybody.

Mostly just good fun, as you say (because it doesn't affect gameplay ...)

Had the game for a couple of days now the game is awesome thanks Big Ant.
the amount of effort you put in is incredible for example playing England vs Sri Lanka and Dilshan just did the Dilscoop.
One thing i've noticed is when playing England only Ben Stokes and Ian Bell get mentioned by name during commentary.
Any chance the commentary could get a patch.

I've got a few photos of similar things, but haven't organised myself a hosting site for them and haven't worked out a good way to record the Ps3 :(

Well for PC I use OBS to capture my footage, but for PS3 and PS4 I use an Elgato Game Capture HD. They arent cheap (about ?120), but they do the job really well (provided your console is set up next to your PC that is). It does have component input for PS3, but you *can* record from HDMI provided that you run a hdmi to DVI cable+optical into a dvi>hdmi converter box, which strips the HDCP from the signal going into the Game Capture. It's a mess of cables and whatnot if you want HDMI, but with PS4 you can now just run the HDMI straight into the box since Sony removed HDCP. WTB that feature for PS3 too please!

If you dont have a pc near the PS3 there is the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable (I think) which records onto an SD memory card, which you can transfer onto your PC later.

is use the roxio game-cap HD for xbox video. it's very good and easy to set up.

not found anything that my PC can run alongside the game that doesn't impact framerate

I don't care enough to spend money for a game capture device, but thanks guys :)

I may try running a composite cable from the monitor out on my TV to my DVD/HDD recorder, or running the second output channel on my HDMI switch into the same device (although HDCP may be a problem there).

But then transferring to my MBP means burning DVD's, and it all sounds like a bit much hassle just to make the "Days of Our Lives" story I've got running through my head watching some of this stuff ;)

*shrugs* $50 USD is relatively cheap for a Steam Game purchased through Steam in NZ.

I remember purchasing Cricket 1997 ATE for $99 NZ almost 17 years ago. When you look back at games like that, it was a rip off as the game was a piece of crap. $99 NZ was alot of money back then when the cost of living was lower. Games like Rugby World Cup 1995 (anyone remember this game?) was going for around $109 back then.

I bought Shane Warne Cricket 99 for $109 around December of 1998. for 1998 it wasn't a bad game but when you go back and play it or look at videos of it now, you realize how basic and primitive that game was. $50 NZ for DBC14 is really worth every dollar. I think we are privileged that we live in a time where you can buy DBC14 for around $49 US on Steam. Think about how much you spent on some absolutely crap games in the past.

I paid US$22.49 for Cricket Revolution on Steam when it came out - this is easily two and a bit Cricket Revolutions.

The realism to this game is brill. I've got a bowler who thinks he's a batsman...and one of my players wants to be removed from my touring England test squad due to stress related illness!!

I (England) just came back from 2-0 down in a 5 match ODI series to win 3-2. Satisfying isn't the word.

I was amazed at how easily I bowled 50 overs without simming any of it. Not many cricket games (actually, none) have been able to say that before.

:spy

WPQ9ysi.png

That's scary.

----------

If you're playing a pirate version and having all sorts of issues like random controller disconnects, rain interrupting play, reboots, games just dropping to the desktop, and now not even being able to connect to multiplayer games, then I can assure you that these are going to be the least of your issues as we really start to ramp things up by messing with your career. I can guarantee you that all of the above can all be avoided with a purchase.

The alternative is to expect "all that and more" :yes

Users who are viewing this thread