Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What a total chancer ....unbelievable the length and depth they stoop to

What do you expect? They are thieves after all and I hope Ross nukes their systems. If the thieving morons we get here are any indication, they wouldn't have brains enough to use proxy server/DNS/VPN service.

Last edited:
Playing on 360. Should I feel vibration through my hand pad when AI batsman snick a ball behind? I'm getting a bit sick of appealing for a catch behind every time batsman plays and misses. Sometimes I do hear a sound that I suppose represents an edge.....but vibration would be great.

Should I feel vibration through my hand pad when AI batsman snick a ball behind?

You feel the vibration only when you're batting, not the opponent. You'll have to rely on the sound, as you have said, to determine whether you should appeal or not.

Playing on 360. Should I feel vibration through my hand pad when AI batsman snick a ball behind? I'm getting a bit sick of appealing for a catch behind every time batsman plays and misses. Sometimes I do hear a sound that I suppose represents an edge.....but vibration would be great.

Never got the vibration on 360 or pc version myself. Missed out on a few catches judging by the commentators speech.

----------

You feel the vibration only when you're batting, not the opponent.

That's not much use!

Never got the vibration on 360 or pc version myself. Missed out on a few catches judging by the commentators speech.

----------

That's not much use!

Why would you feel a vibration when the batsman you are bowling to nicks the ball??

Totally mental

----------

That's not much use!

The point is it's meant to give a Broad indication that you should walk if not given out.

Why would you feel a vibration when the batsman you are bowling to nicks the ball??

Totally mental

Because it is not always obvious there is a nick. No sound or movement and the commentator then says there was a nick but strangely no appeal and by then its too late. So you end up appealing every time just incase.

You feel the vibration only when you're batting, not the opponent. You'll have to rely on the sound, as you have said, to determine whether you should appeal or not.

I play with a decent headset so when I am bowling it's saved my ass so many times when I notice the subtle edges to the keeper. It's not a solution for everyone, but it does work!

Because it is not always obvious there is a nick. No sound or movement and the commentator then says there was a nick but strangely no appeal and by then its too late. So you end up appealing every time just incase.

The reason for appealing is because you 'might' have heard a nick and seen some deviation of the ball. Having the controller vibrate rules out any doubt and is totally unrealistic.
If 'sensors' were added to bats in real cricket there might be an argument for it in the game, but I hope that day never comes.

The reason for appealing is because you 'might' have heard a nick and seen some deviation of the ball. Having the controller vibrate rules out any doubt and is totally unrealistic.
If 'sensors' were added to bats in real cricket there might be an argument for it in the game, but I hope that day never comes.

But you're asking a question of the umpire,which is what the appeal is all about. You're appealing because you think there is an edge, not because you know. Personally I prefer the element of doubt, it creates tension.

But you're asking a question of the umpire,which is what the appeal is all about. You're appealing because you think there is an edge, not because you know. Personally I prefer the element of doubt, it creates tension.

That was exactly my point. Having the controller vibrate for an edge when you are bowling is just a bad idea.

Last edited:
Just reinforcing the agreement :yes

Users who are viewing this thread