Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Oh dear! Its 3 seasons and iam unable to get to the P40 or even English county! Someone help me please, my main problem is fast bowling! When they change pace, thats when problem arises! The slower deliveries :/ ...tips anyone? I average 18 in main format i.e Test! I have 4 fifties and a hundred but i dont know how to tackle the problem of the slower deliviries!

I don't last very long at all against pace now.

I really like a lot of the things in patch 2 but the batting is really annoying now for me.

I'm giving serious thought to removing it and going back to patch 1 only.

Not that I was that good befor but it was much better

Loving the bowling in career mode... Just dismissed 3 batsmen caught behind in the same innings;

The first two were only a few overs apart, and the third was in the first ball of my next spell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the bowling in career mode... Just dismissed 3 batsmen caught behind in the same innings;

The first two were only a few overs apart, and the third was in the first ball of my next spell.

@blockerdave, this is how it's done :p

Last edited by a moderator:
brilliant. never seen AI edges like that, coming off defence/"flash" drives...

wonder if anything has been tweaked in the last update?

what's the difficulty?

what's the difficulty?

Try playing a few short format games, preferably T10, in casual mode. I got edges while playing shorter formats; edges similar to the last one and also where AI plays a flashing off drive and nicks to the keeper.

Last edited:

what's the difficulty?
It was on Veteran difficulty. What I'm wondering is if they are much more common in career mode due to skills being 'normalised' and therefore lowered? Think I've heard this is the case in that mode?

There were certainly an above average number of edges in this game, I had one in the other innings too which just failed to carry. Perhaps something has been done in the update.

I found a way to score of the pull shot if there is a squire leg fielder, just use both triggers and most of the time the batsmen will hit the ball into the ground. You will still get out but not as bad as before.

I small fix till bigant tone down the pull/cut shots a little for patch 3 i hope.:spy

Agreed, I would love to see some slip catches, along with some which fly over/between the slips for a boundary, thick ones which come off squarer to gully or go safe etc.

The first two in that video were done using the cross-seam delivery, so that might be worth a go if you're struggling to find the edge.

Ok! I came into bat and Fawad & Holland were bowling i.e both spinners! They bowled around 10 overs or maybe less and i scored 29 not out! All of a sudden Mckay comes to ball and my first ball iam gonna face! Bam! Slower delievry!didnt even connect and hit my pads onto stumps! This is like 7th time iam missong my FIFITY! Seven freaking FIFTIES! Most of the occasions, i got out like 44 45 :/! THOSE CHANGE OF PACE! hurting me!

Agreed, I would love to see some slip catches, along with some which fly over/between the slips for a boundary, thick ones which come off squarer to gully or go safe etc.

The first two in that video were done using the cross-seam delivery, so that might be worth a go if you're struggling to find the edge.

Yes I would love more edges going through the slips (like in real life), but not just through first slip / second slip but through gully and 4th slip as well, so you have to gamble with keeping slip fielders and missing out on that edge, or try and save boundaries just like real life captains have to think about. It will also bring in the gamble of having a third man and conceding runs through edges that go through the slips or having a fine leg and saving a boundary for the one that is bowled straighter on the pads (just like Alistair Cook had in the 1st Test against India were a ton of runs was conceded through third man).

Without a shadow of doubt, this is the best cricket game of all time - you've really got to watch the ball when batting, not a marker and when bowling you have to use sensible direction control to just shape it past the off stump - great job, Big Ant! This is a real gamechanger as far as cricket games go.

So with that said, I'ma gonna nitpick :D

Sounds a bit odd that a defensive shot sound reverberates around the stadium the same as a crisply timed drive.

That cutscene between overs, or when changing field? Have something useful come up during it, such as the scoreboard and bowling figures. It's a little disappointing that such things are hidden in a menu yet again.

Fielders taking catches over their shoulders in the deep look like little bunny rabbits - the ball comes over them and they catch it with this strange little jump in the air - bit overpowered methinks ha ha!

Might not be a bad idea to have an option to have separate difficulties for batting and bowling?

As I said though - nitpicking.

I just battled through to my first fifty in career mode, making 54 from 64 deliveries before getting caught & bowled from a thick edge (quite realistic actually).

In the 40s though, I thought for sure I was a goner... Played and missed with the ball going straight through the gate and my heart was in my mouth expecting to hear the dreaded sound of ball on stump... But I somehow survived!

Here was what 'Big Eye' made of it;

P2LNxpm.jpg

Bit of a close shave! Could hardly be closer!

I also picked up a couple more caught behind wickets in the match in quick succession, might post another video for @blockerdave to learn from :p.

What a fantastic game.

Users who are viewing this thread