Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It's not the same thing though.

Captains are set 100%. Keepers are also set 100%, well maybe 90% for some countries who may have some keepers playing as designated batsmen.

Opening bowlers are not set. Sometimes they even change from one innings to the other.

I do think that the AI needs to get a bit better at choosing who bowls and when, yes, but having a set pair of opening bowlers is not the answer.

it's quite rare though. also, as a player, you have the option to change it, only the AI is restricted. and, to be frank, if you can't get the AI right to be making sensible choices, you need to restrict them. as with the AI field-setting, so with the AI opening bowler choices. the AI they have is not fit for purpose, so if restricting them in the meantime is the only way round it, so be it.

i have never noticed this before, so i don't know if it's a recent PC update that has changed it, but literally every career game i play, if it's not the first innings of the match they open with a spinner. having the same two bowlers opening every innings happens vastly more common than a spinner opening in England (in any format) so the restriction is by far the better option.

that's career mode taken out now until it's fixed, because i find it too immersion breaking.

worse still, when I play Northants they open with their part-time spinner. they have a bowler in their batting line-up who i assume is a spinner, but i have never seen the AI use. he just sits there, batting number 8 or 9 (forget which), never bowling. they always use their 3 main seamers, an all rounder, and part-time spinner (opening batsman). at least Essex open with Panesar.

i love this game, but stuff like that is just shit. we don't do anyone any favours by pretending otherwise.

I would like an option in patch 3 where if you play for England in Australia and are fielding on the boundary, the fans could throw fruit at you, to make you feel at home.

Talking of baseball, I just got a game called "Out of the Park Baseball 14" in a Humble Bundle... It's basically the 'Football Manager' equivalent for baseball -installed it and tried to give it a go and I just have absolutely zero idea what I was meant to be doing :p. I do not understand baseball.

I love Baseball, MLB the Show on PS4 is mega!

I love Baseball, MLB the Show on PS4 is mega!
Heard plenty of good things about it over the years - that and the NBA 2K series are usually held in high regard as the best sports games around, shame I don't understand either of them!

Heard plenty of good things about it over the years - that and the NBA 2K series are usually held in high regard as the best sports games around, shame I don't understand either of them!
I missed that memo. NBA Jam on the Mega Drive is the best basketball game.

Batting in pr mode is very difficult i have only played shots that will be hooked as a catch to fielder or go to keeper as edge. Front or back foot placements on analogue stick makes it difficult to play for PC users. Should be able to play shots that are not picked up in the air by default. Currently shots should be played by aggresive or semi aggresive btn(suggestion)

Must have radar in the game .

While bowling it is confusing where the ball will land a balling marker would be best.

Should be able to save custom fielding position

Camera to follow the ball when hit is pathetic it should be improved like in Ashes Cricket 2009.

Not gonna comment on others, but this feature is already there. You create custom fields using the cricket academy, then give it a name, and finally save. Then you can use that ingame by bringing up the field settings (D-pad down arrow I think)

Batting in pr mode is very difficult i have only played shots that will be hooked as a catch to fielder or go to keeper as edge. Front or back foot placements on analogue stick makes it difficult to play for PC users. Should be able to play shots that are not picked up in the air by default. Currently shots should be played by aggresive or semi aggresive btn(suggestion)

Must have radar in the game .

While bowling it is confusing where the ball will land a balling marker would be best.

Camera to follow the ball when hit is pathetic it should be improved like in Ashes Cricket 2009.

No Pitching Marker, bowling is perfect as it is now....

I agree about the camera and batting difficulty on pro.

I missed that memo. NBA Jam on the Mega Drive is the best basketball game.
Not Arch Rivals?

One of the only basketball games I've owned :D.

No Pitching Marker, bowling is perfect as it is now....

I agree about the camera and batting difficulty on pro.
Has this guy not verified his copy yet?

Fishy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of baseball, I just got a game called "Out of the Park Baseball 14" in a Humble Bundle... It's basically the 'Football Manager' equivalent for baseball -installed it and tried to give it a go and I just have absolutely zero idea what I was meant to be doing :p. I do not understand baseball.

yeah, its like that. I've found that MLB The Show has taught me what a lot of the stats mean, even if I don't get why half of them are useful...

I think I'm a Pro cam convert... It takes some getting used to but it feels great when you middle a shot in that view.

I think I'm a Pro cam convert... It takes some getting used to but it feels great when you middle a shot in that view.

How do you feel when you're at the non strikers end? Nauseous? There's too much head movement for my liking/stomach. It would be my cam of choice apart from that.

Last edited:
How do you feel when you're at the non strikers end? Nauseous? There's too much head movement for my liking/stomach. It would be my cam of choice apart from that.
Yeah... I'm normally okay with motion sickness in games but it does start to mess with my head a bit. I'll try to persevere though!

Users who are viewing this thread