Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There's only *one* source that's given you the correct info - I don't eat Lords cake (or drink Kool Aid ;) )

We were correct about the delayed release. I'm still not sure why you think otherwise:

The game is definitely delayed but we don't know by how much. We now have two sources on that...

^ 17 May

"Still possible" really isn't a very strong statement but clearly they think that if it gets accepted first time they can get a reasonably quick turn-around.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All will become clear in time.

I know, and people should just realise constant asking for release dates, submission status, marketing strategies etc is just pointless really

You know how everyone feels here, people just need patience and play other games in the meantime as I cannot see the constant pestering actually having any effect

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I know, and people should just realise constant asking for release dates, submission status, marketing strategies etc is just pointless really

You know how everyone feels here, people just need patience and play other games in the meantime as I cannot see the constant pestering actually having any effect

Agreed. Besides, we have a time frame, sometime between now and October, and probably before Ashes 2013 anyway.

Besides, even a release date won't be enough for some people. As soon as Ross announces the release date people will start asking for a trailer and more screenshots, or at least a release date for a trailer or more screenshots.

angad

Chairman of Consent
As soon as Ross announces the release date people will start asking for a trailer and more screenshots, or at least a release date for a trailer or more screenshots.

Why else do you think we are asking for the release date?? Its because of what is to follow the announcement of the release date :p

tom4780

School Cricketer
On the next updat for Cricket Academy , Ross will this be the last update before release ?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
So I spent today having my first bat and bowl of the year in the garden and got some thoughts as a result.

With cricket, the great things are the 'reactions' and adaptations. If a bowler bowls a yorker, the batsman will jam down on it, he won't just play a regular front foot defensive. If a ball seams away, the batsman will fend for it. If it jags back in, the batsman will get in a tangle. Subtle things, if a batsman edges the ball, he will look back. Same with bouncers. If a ball is coming at the throat, he won't just play a regular backfoot defensive and let it hit him on the body. He will try to get out of the way and maybe glove it on the way. These are the great sights of cricket. You are removing the specialness of cricket if these are omitted. Successfully hit shots are also often adapted. The bottom hand can often come into play if there is an inside edge or the batsman is early on a slower ball (e.g. Dhawan against Bopara in the Champions Trophy). Similarly, if a spinner bowls a RANK long hop then a batsman will not play a regular front or back foot shot to it, he will just hit it into next week - trying to play a conventional shot will be foolish. Same with a pace bowler and a wide full toss.

Asif's wickets here show nicely what I mean with regards to how batsmen react to being beaten.

Mohammad Asif 4-56 vs England 3rd Test - Brit Oval - 2006 ~ 1080p. - YouTube

I think getting the stuff which happens on the pitch right is more important than things like fielding animations - although those are obviously good too.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We were correct about the delayed release. I'm still not sure why you think otherwise:

^ 17 May

"Still possible" really isn't a very strong statement but clearly they think that if it gets accepted first time they can get a reasonably quick turn-around.

Sure, it was reported here but there were definitely bets on both sides. Don't want to open old wounds but I was pretty much in the trenches on my own for quite a while there and certain people *refuse* to admit that they were lied too. I still say Kool Aid and Lord's cake...

Case in point above, you say "still possible" isn't strong, well I think it is strong when it is actually impossible. Here we go again.... they're late but you haven't been mislead...

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Agreed. It has no effect whatsoever on the outcome.

Perhaps a separate thread with questions on release date in there so we can easily ignore it :)

MatthewT

Club Cricketer
I think I have a good proposal for Ross:

If Carlton beat Sydney tonight, one screenshot.
If St. Kilda beat Richmond, another screenshot.
If GWS beat North Melbourne:noway, he releases the game next Thursday.

Hughesy_33

School Cricketer
I think I have a good proposal for Ross:

If Carlton beat Sydney tonight, one screenshot.
If St. Kilda beat Richmond, another screenshot.
If GWS beat North Melbourne:noway, he releases the game next Thursday.

If Melbourne win the game should be released!!!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I propose that Ross should send free copies to the ten members whose contributions/suggestions have been the best for his game via this forum.

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How about if they release the game when they are ready to.

Users who are viewing this thread