Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross, have you heard the 10 questions yet about ashes, it's a good listen but for you maybe a good laugh:lol. I bet you like to be right because you hit this one for 6:clap. p.s They just said they put the xbox 360 version in for submitting, is that 2 months more or 2 weeks, also have you submitting the console versions for your game yet and how many times did cricket 14 take if yes.

Ross, have you heard the 10 questions yet about ashes, it's a good listen but for you maybe a good laugh:lol. I bet you like to be right because you hit this one for 6:clap. p.s They just said they put the xbox 360 version in for submitting, is that 2 months more or 2 weeks, also have you submitting the console versions for your game yet and how many times did cricket 14 take if yes.

HOPEFULLY here follows my OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL, I mean OFFICIAL!, sorry did I say OFFICIAL reply... well let me say that I am HOPING that this is my OFFICIAL reply and I am really HOPING that you like it as I have worked on it for three and a half years now since 2011... HOPEFULLY you guys understand that I had to write this OFFICIAL reply from scratch. Well here's HOPING...

79C I just read with interest that you thought it was the most honest they have been... well let me point out that it starts with the idea that submission is today and manufacture in two weeks but they are still polishing... these two statements are at complete odds with each other, here are the possible outcomes:

a) unpolished, unfinished game submits and is approved for manufacture (this is obviously what they are hoping for as otherwise they would not have submitted - ching ching $$$$ licensed cash grab alert)

b) unpolished game fails and is further delayed, as it should be

BTW There is no ability to zero day patch for anything other than online issues, it cannot be assumed that everyone is online and would receive the zero day patch for offline functionality.

They say they broke the game engine on a number of occasions - ummm... so they broke the *existing game engine* that they are using, I thought it was written from scratch? :facepalm

Anyway, lots of BS in the rest of it that I couldn't even really be bothered with.... I am so glad they found the Random() function...

Last edited:
I hope there is something like a confidence meter while bowling..and when its full you have a button (For example: R3 on the ps3) to sledge the batsman while playing online mode,would be fun to gain an advantage by insulting or verbally intimidating the opposing player thereby causing him to make mistakes or under perform.

Yeah I see your point ross but when I said the most honest I was meaning 2/100 not ZERO, the only thing they can do is release a good game and most of the hate will die down. If they release a broken turd just to get money then there company will die, then the market will be yours:yes. PS/p.s The next month is going to be interested and I also saw you did not answer about the submitting for consoles yet.:D

----------

Also I was trying to be positive for them, in the end I don't want to see a company go under because they made a few errors(large ones):clap

----------

Also if you submit do you have to release right after or can you still work on the game. PS you were right ross and I understand you don't like 505 games way of business with all the stuff they have said to CA about cricket academy but at the end of it we all just want a good cricket game or two, not all this bad vibe around here.:spy

Well 79C you asked the questions :)

Anyway, 505 are not the core issue, remember it's their first Cricket game too.... they've been dudded and mislead big time, and still are....

----------

I wonder if anything said in the Q&A by Mike Fegan will have an effect on the release date of Cricket 14? Thoughts Ross?

Nothing in the Q&A that we didn't already know as far as I can tell. Anyone have a different view?

Nothing in the Q&A that we didn't already know as far as I can tell. Anyone have a different view?

Didn't know they broke the engine... "Granny shifting not double clutching like they should"

fast-and-furious-4-2.jpg

Didn't know they broke the engine... "Granny shifting not double clutching like they should"

fast-and-furious-4-2.jpg

They have already blamed Cricket Australia for delayed "delay announcement" approvals as the reason the game delay was not announced earlier...

Reading between the lines on their "broken" engine statement, they would also like to also blame the Unity3D guys that supply the engine for the delay, however they can't openly say that because they have claimed that they made the engine :lol:lol

Bottom line... it's ALWAYS someone else's fault...

Last edited:
Ross,how long does a game takes from submission to shipping it to user?

6 weeks if lucky, 2 months usually.

Key question to ask - have you ever had a game approved first time :)

(I have had two first time approvals in twenty years....)

I'm certain they won't get first time approval, that means they will release the game sometime in October.

what's taking them so long to create the game?They don't even have to worry about review system, practice nets, career mode etc.

Last edited:
Ever had to resubmit more than once?

Unfortunately yes :(

We've had occasions where platform holders find things in the second submission that they didn't find first time around... they still fail you.

As much as I can't for this game Ross, you have to come back to bigfooty and start talking AFL live 2

Reading between the lines on their "broken" engine statement, they would also like to also blame the Unity3D guys that supply the engine for the delay, however they can't openly say that because they have claimed that they made the engine :lol:lol

That's the problem with these engine imports, you try and mod it to you're own specifications and the darn thing starts spitting out Ashes :yes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread