Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've never understood that phrase... Don't exceptions DISprove that there's a rule?

NERD ALERT: "exception that proves the rule" uses an archaic meaning of prove synonymous with test, retained in "proving ground" or in "proving" related to dough/baking.

so the exception tests the rule, it doesn't prove it in the modern sense of prove.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
NERD ALERT: "exception that proves the rule" uses an archaic meaning of prove synonymous with test, retained in "proving ground" or in "proving" related to dough/baking.

so the exception tests the rule, it doesn't prove it in the modern sense of prove.

I'd go one further still and say the if there is an exception to the rule, then it clearly wasn't a part of the rule in the first place. :-)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
i'd say it was a faulty rule :)

You may have a point.

However, in this case the gatekeeper dictating the rule (IF it is officially a rule) is clearly making exceptions... and therefore it IS possible to get around it... was my point.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
but I cannot guarantee that I can so I take the conservative position that I cannot :)

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ross!! is something coming today?? may be some screenshots?? or we'll have to wait for the big friday?:)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There are not many competitors that are on current-gen console and have Ps4 and Xbox One dev etc.. but regardless of that, as you say, there are Cricket games being developed that I know of too.

The competition as I see it is broader than Cricket games - I find Madden, FIFA, MLB, etc.. inspirational and we strive to compete with those guys, and one day hopefully we will get to be on our fifth or sixth iteration and be able to give it a good shot.

I wish you every success in your endeavor :cheers

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
I wish you every success in your endeavor :cheers

Yeah, but I hope they never forget the PC platform.......It almost burned me that the red dead redemtion never came to PC but what upsets me more is I won't be able to play GTA 5 this tuesday......

I hope the release date questions will be at a scarce once some people here get busy with.....well you know.

Sniper

Club Cricketer
There are not many competitors that are on current-gen console and have Ps4 and Xbox One dev etc.. but regardless of that, as you say, there are Cricket games being developed that I know of too.

The competition as I see it is broader than Cricket games - I find Madden, FIFA, MLB, etc.. inspirational and we strive to compete with those guys, and one day hopefully we will get to be on our fifth or sixth iteration and be able to give it a good shot.

Best wishes for competing with big guns of gaming industry.

Users who are viewing this thread