Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

My point was that the controls are too easy to master.. after a few games my and my opponent were just draining 3's one after the other. It was only due to a few errors on his part and then getting frustrated and making more errors that allowed me, the rookie, to beat him by about 20 points. The stick control in DBC is by far and aware more technical, yet still easy to pick up and play, and feels so much better when you hit the shot intended.

I don't know why it is necessary for the control scheme to be 'technical' or challenging in any way. That seems wholly counter-intuitive and frustrating. It should be the game itself that is challenging. Case in point; if you crank up the difficulty on 2k14 to HoF or even super-star/all-star, correct usage of moves using the RAS on an iso play to beat your defender and drive into the paint is extremely rewarding.

Special batsman need special delivery. Today pujara got one. Steyn came wide off the crease to give the impression of an inswinger but bowled his stock outswinger pitched on offstump, pujara played inside the line for inswinger but lost his offstump. Such a disguise.

I don't know why it is necessary for the control scheme to be 'technical' or challenging in any way. That seems wholly counter-intuitive and frustrating. It should be the game itself that is challenging. Case in point; if you crank up the difficulty on 2k14 to HoF or even super-star/all-star, correct usage of moves using the RAS on an iso play to beat your defender and drive into the paint is extremely rewarding.

I do agree if your point is that the increase in difficulty shouldn't be "manufactured" by an increase in complexity/difficulty of the controller itself.

What we have tried to implement is a way that you can play with very few button presses if you wish however you can layer in extra presses for more technical and precise play.

It is certainly better IMO than the "quick time event" premeditated control schemes of the past which were essentially a game of rock-paper-scissors where the batsman is told in advance the selection of the bowler.

Last edited:
I do agree if your point is that the increase in difficulty shouldn't be "manufactured" by an increase in complexity/difficulty of the controller itself.

What we have tried to implement is a way that you can play with very few button presses if you wish however you can layer in extra presses for more technical and precise play.

It is certainly better IMO than the "quick time event" premeditated control schemes of the past which were essentially a game of rock-paper-scissors where the batsman is told in advance the selection of the bowler.

Yes, definitely. Still, I suppose you could say that it is specific to each person. Look at games like DmC; some people enjoy the incredibly difficult button combinations and the reward they get for pulling them off. It's just that personally, I think the game itself should be challenging; wrapping your hands around a controller proficiently probably should not.

Its waking up time in S.A,,,and I know its late in the afternoons in Aus, with that I'd like to say Happy 20Fortune-(2014) to Ross, Big Ant Staff, PC Administrators, PC members at large,,,its gonna be a good year for all of us

#DBC14

Happy New Year from the MCG, what a sight :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 190
That's what it looks like right now.

How annoying, I was about to make a brilliant joke about Ross's picture and Australia being 'down under' and then I see Colin has got there first. :mad

That's it, the final nail in the coffin. This year has been a disaster.

How annoying, I was about to make a brilliant joke about Ross's picture and Australia being 'down under' and then I see Colin has got there first. :mad

That's it, the final nail in the coffin. This year has been a disaster.

I wish I could say I did it on purpose... I think I need another drink... Here's another Happy New Year!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 162
I see now we are in this weird realm where us in the UK are in the year before the game's release, and those in Australia are in the same year as the game's release.

Can you confirm it will be released in 2014 now Ross?

I see now we are in this weird realm where us in the UK are in the year before the game's release, and those in Australia are in the same year as the game's release.

Can you confirm it will be released in 2014 now Ross?

Despite fireworks in his latest photo.. it's not midnight yet anywhere in Australia.. still got a few hours to go. That was probably from the usual 8pm 'kids' firework show they do.

Users who are viewing this thread