Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I have just purchased this game off Amazon (in transit now) and have returned to this forum after a few years (ashes cricket 09/10).
Anyone who is playing this game, do you think it was worth spending ?44 ?

I paid ?45 and I would say its worth it, and as far as I know the problems I have with the game are mostly goin to be patched in patch 2. A month since I got the game and already, true to their word, bigant continue to support the game! Can't go wrong!!

I have just purchased this game off Amazon (in transit now) and have returned to this forum after a few years (ashes cricket 09/10).
Anyone who is playing this game, do you think it was worth spending ?44 ?

Yes, it was.

after the patch the ?44 will be worth it.

Knowing that a large patch is coming I stopped my career and I just play the game for an occasional net/practise session to improve my batting. But as soon as the patches out I'll be on it alot :)

I've found that the batsman far cam is much more enjoyable than the pro cam. I could only bat on pro cam on the lower difficulty levels when the balls slower so there more judgement time but the far cam seems much better (I play on veteran) for me.

I have created several teams and they are saved to my profile on the Xbox hard drive as well as uploaded, but when a second player signs in to play two player games here can't access them. Is there a way to get them without the second player getting his own Xbox live account and downloading them? Shouldn't they be there on the hard drive?

Well should not be bothered about small glitches as long as developers are working on them and going to resolve them soon as possible.
Thanks for your reply

I have created several teams and they are saved to my profile on the Xbox hard drive as well as uploaded, but when a second player signs in to play two player games here can't access them. Is there a way to get them without the second player getting his own Xbox live account and downloading them? Shouldn't they be there on the hard drive?

Did the second player add a controller to the game and start playing in your profile, or did the person log in using his/her own profile and play the game? If former, the game should allow the person to select any downloaded players/teams and if latter then it makes sense for the person to download the updated teams (Get Best) under his/her profile.

Was wondering if there are community members who have played DBC14 on both consoles...?

How do the controllers compare in terms of thumb-stick accuracy/ease of use?

I have only ever had experience with the ps3 controller, but this game is making me think that the off-centre placement of the LA on xbox might be a better option. A concave finish on the top of the sticks also seems more appropriate where accuracy is important.

Saw, what I think was called, a sc1 sports controller on the web that I am considering now.

Was wondering if there are community members who have played DBC14 on both consoles...?

How do the controllers compare in terms of thumb-stick accuracy/ease of use?

I have only ever had experience with the ps3 controller, but this game is making me think that the off-centre placement of the LA on xbox might be a better option. A concave finish on the top of the sticks also seems more appropriate where accuracy is important.

Saw, what I think was called, a sc1 sports controller on the web that I am considering now.

I played for three days on the xbox 360 with a hired game. It was bought for me on the PS3 (and I now have comparable time into the game)

I have found the PS3 easier to control, partly because I don't have large hands and the 360 controller is a bit bulky for my preference.

YMMV, obv.

*edit*

And, in the interest of not double-posting (are double posts frowned on on these boards?), my career number 4 batsman is considering switching with our opening bowler. Our last 4 day game, he scored 7 and 6. He was asked to roll his _very_ part-time leg spin arm over because Yorkshire (he plays for Surrey) were 3 for 340-ish, and the real bowlers were tired.

He took 5 for 8 off 5 overs, including removing the two top scorers.

For comparison, our opening bowler (and number 11, obviously) scored 31 and 51, and his figures for the match (my boy only got asked to bowl in the first innings) were 3 for 148 from 35 overs.

I'm pretty sure part of the reason we won this match is because my batsman went through the middle order like a hot knife through butter - Yorkshire were 3 for 345, and all out for 362 :O

I think there needs to be some work on the difficulty balance (or split difficulties for batting/bowling)

Last edited:
Did the second player add a controller to the game and start playing in your profile, or did the person log in using his/her own profile and play the game? If former, the game should allow the person to select any downloaded players/teams and if latter then it makes sense for the person to download the updated teams (Get Best) under his/her profile.
When i play with my friend and he tries to sign in with the same profile i use with 2nd player then it removes the 1st player from that profile and says i have to select a different one why i want us both to play on the same profile so i don't have to do the team thing on another profile.

Really?

Pre-orders soon? :: Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussions

and

attachment.php

Attachments

• steam.jpg
    steam.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 252
If there was to be any delay at all then it would be a very short one (days) and could only be caused by physical manufacture of disks.

look what just landed through my letterbox!!! @BigAntStudios - you're a legend, thank you so much!! that is absolutely awesome.

attachment.php

I'll remember this next time I want to bitch about the AI field settings.

Attachments

• IMG_0651[1].JPG
    IMG_0651[1].JPG
    631.1 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread