Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crashes all the time when saving a game or when finished going back to loading screen,deleted old profile and patch started again still same problem

uk here 40gb hard drive older xbox

Okay competition mode, somerset v leicester, everything deleted and uninstalled, including all academy data, playing with patch 2, saving every over succesfully at the moment

Played offline with existing career save, froze at first attempt. Deleted save and started new career offline. Saved and exited successfully after about 10 overs batting in first FC match.

My first successful career save and exit since patch 2.

Looking good thus far guys, keep the feedback coming!!!!

Both had saving issues correct?

And at this stage, not having the problems anymore?

Yeah its now crashing all the time when i try and save. I know you get shot down here whenever you criticize this game, but i spent a lot of money on it, and three months post release i cant even save the game. Really poor stuff.

I am sorry it's occurred but it has been not yet been four days since the patch, two of them weekend days and one of them July 4th. A difficult time to get any answers from anyone.

It may be "really poor stuff" but no one can tell us why it is happening. Not MS, not you, not anyone. It does work for the VAST majority of Xbox users and for all of our various machines we have at work. We are trying to get it resolved.

Your post did nothing positive at all to help resolve the situation which is the mode that I am in at the moment. So yeah, I'm not going to "shoot you down" as I appreciate your support for the product but neither are you going to get a "thanks" or "post of the year award either".

Last edited:
At this stage, I am getting the feeling it might be the continuing of previous career modes before patch 2?

Okay, well i appreciate you always around here sorting things out. If it does help i am having some success having deleted everything and running an out of the box game with patch 2 installed. Seems like some issues with getting best from people with previous versions?

At this stage, I am getting the feeling it might be the continuing of previous career modes before patch 2?

The loading file exiting bug? Nothing to do with career for me so far. I started a new one after patch 2 and haven't even had a crash on it.

Really appreciating that you guys are trying things for us. thanks.

It was previously reported that removing files worked but people tried that and later said they were getting crashes. Same for offline, people reported offline worked but then found it didn't.

The difficulty with this is that it is only effecting a small number of users and we don't know firmware revisions and Xbox models, HDD external/internal, and any other specifics.

Even understanding specifics of machines that do work makes a difference so we can rule those things out as issues.

The loading file bug? Nothing to do with career for me so far. I started a new one after patch 2 and haven't even had a crash on it.

Exactly my point, the moment the patch came out, I started a new career, and haven't had an issue......

It now seems after the two of them started new careers (and reverting back to the game and patch 2 only), have started new careers, problem seems solved.....

Lets hope it stays like this for them......More feedback from other folks trying this would help as well.

Okay, well i appreciate you always around here sorting things out. If it does help i am having some success having deleted everything and running an out of the box game with patch 2 installed. Seems like some issues with getting best from people with previous versions?

Thanks.

So if you did a get best right now then all of the saves should work except the career mode ones. That would of course kill the teams you have.

FWIW we have tried lots of prior save files, going a fair way back.

We will now try a fresh get best on an old version and then try to bring that forward.

----------

Exactly my point, the moment the patch came out, I started a new career, and haven't had an issue......

It now seems after the two of them started new careers (and reverting back to the game and patch 2 only), have started new careers, problem seems solved.....

Lets hope it stays like this for them......More feedback from other folks trying this would help as well.

I think the issue is outside of career mode too though?

Still no issues with out of the box but patch 2 dbc14. Bed time, would be good if someone could carry on this test

----------

Ill try a fresh get best tomorrow. I never had any issues saving career funnily enough, just scoring runs

I think the issue is outside of career mode too though?

I see what you mean, I haven't had issues outside career either,

I read career mode in a post, and that got stuck in my head.....lol.....

Sorry about that....

So it's probably down to one of the downloaded teams then? As I have done "get best", and also downloaded all the South African teams of LlewelenF7, and haven't had any issues.

the wide calls are standard one day rules. ANY delivery that is down the leg side is called a wide even if it just misses the stumps.

That same wide wasn't called when the batsman was closer.
I think the batsman position might be influencing the wide calculation incorrectly?

That is not a wide even in standard one day game. This isn't down the leg side as you've put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread