Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've certainly found it harder to get batsmen out (not that I bowl all that much - the low frame rate when you've got attacking fields is a tad off-putting), but that's good, really, because I felt it was a little easy before and if you cranked the difficulty up to compensate then batting soon becomes impossible.

I don't really get the whole "the game's messed up because I can't play it very well" argument - either drop the difficulty, or just practice and improve at the game - that's the entire point (especially of career). You can see plenty of videos on Youtube where people play the game very successfully - the key is, they're just better at it. Keep plugging away.

Its not the game that's broken. At least not in terms of gameplay!

Its just harder to get wickets because the AI Batting has been improved, more in line with how the bowling was/is for human controlled players.

Playing a Test Match is now really hard work (only on Pro, but can't bat to save my life!)

I don't think that's quite what he's getting at. I've certainly had games where I've batted out for the draw with that option selected, and the result has come up with me losing by however many runs.

Bizarrely, when I selected "use statistics to decide", then my competition started allowing draws in the case of incomplete fourth innings...
Apologies, on looking at it properly, that's the correct interpretation.

Will look into it tomorrow.

For those who struggle to get wickets:

I'm about 8 games in all formats now as a batting all rounder in my new career on xbox 360.

Yes the bowling is more difficult than before with is perfect and realistic! You have to have good field placings and bowl with a plan here. You can't just hope for mid on & mid off for wickets. I cam on here a few days ago saying how much better batting is but it's so so difficult to take wickets. Well just after that comment I made on here I took a hattrick & my 1st 5er with the new patch 2. I've taken about 3 more 5er's and 1 more hattrick since. I'm getting wickets more often as u get better and up ur stats. Be patience and bowl well and u will take wickets.

Oh ja I'm playing career on Pro.

The "temporary fix" is that you should wait a second or two after the ball has actually been caught.....they are working on this....but appealing after the ball has been caught, cancels out this glitch.

I did wait a few seconds, obviously not long enough lol

it's the game, not me i was bowling well, i was getting wickets but the patch 2 has screwed it up

Let's put it other way, you were so excited before patch 2 that you are getting bunch of wickets dominating in bowling but however, even the pure batsman when brought as part time bowlers, they dominated in bowling area. So, AI was sacrificing before & not now after patch 2. :thumbs

This video of mine, which was the first match on PC in career mode, I am able to deceive the batsman to bowl him out & yeah, A 5-fer!

So go back, practice more & earn the wicket!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I get the freezing issue too. Not played on the game much since the patch, but I've had 2 freezes after nets in career. Once after the full 60 balls, and once after I exited out early. Had a freeze while setting up a casual match, and another at the end of a career match.

Deleted my old career since the patch, but still freezing happens. Using one of the old style xbox with the wireless clip on accessory. I've not installed the game and my profile is saved on the integrated 20gb hard drive.

I think i may have made a breakthrough re the saving bug. Get best teams have caused it to reappear, and yet reverting to out of the box fake name teams havent given me an issue. Will test further but if anyone can argue with that then id be interested to hear it

I did update Best teams before i started career maybe that is the problem...

Im going to test tonight but ive done 20 overs saving every 5 without a problem. Aus v SA, competition mode

the game feels so nice & playable and gives a perfect amount of joy and tension to play.... love the patch....:thumbs:cheers

Last edited:
the game feels so nice playable and gives a perfect amount of joy and tension to play.... love the patch....:thumbs:cheers

Its tense when saving thats for sure.

In all seriousness, its the closest anyone has come to representing cricket so i hope i can figure this glitch out

Its tense when saving thats for sure.

In all seriousness, its the closest anyone has come to representing cricket so i hope i can figure this glitch out

you mean some issues while saving? i did not encounter any so far....

some other issues i would really like to be fixed by big ant:
Mode:Any
Match Type:any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):various
Ground:any
Teams:any
Get Best:yes but customized since
Description of Issue :frame rate is bad after patch 2 and it really annoys me i know big ant's main priority is to fix the x-box crashing bug while saving and exiting but i just want the big ant to please also try to iron out the frame rate issue.

Mode: Career
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any (when my player is bowling)
Ground:any
Teams:any
Get Best:yes
Description of Issue: its not a major issue but whenever i bowl the speed seems to be stuck at the same number (136.6) it only changes when i bowl a slower ball and even the slower ball's speed is fixed. the speed issue corrected itself when i had bowled 10 overs or so but when i came back after save and exiting, it persisted.

Thanks in advance to Ross and Co. for making the most brilliant cricket game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread