Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much my only gripe with the batting....certain shot animations (e.g. leave, front foot square drive etc.) result in batsman foot leaving the crease, resulting in stumpings when facing spinners, as animation does not return to the crease in time.

Can be really frustrating to lose wickets this way as it isnt really your fault but just an animation issue.

Mode:Any
Match Type:any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):various
Ground:any
Teams:any
Get Best but customized since
Description of Issue: Certain shot animations (e.g. leave, front foot square drive etc.) result in batsman foot leaving the crease, resulting in stumpings when facing spinners as animation does not return to the crease in time.

Just as an update, I have started a career using the generic player that you are given at the start of the career. I made no alterations, except to the skills you can select (Acceleration, Aerobic etc.) and have managed to save after we bowled them out, and after I lost my wicket for a big fat 0! Edged....again!

So could it be that the save issue is down to copying a custom made player from the Academy?

----------

some other issues i would really like to be fixed by big ant:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):various
Get Best:yes but customized since
Description of Issue :frame rate is bad after patch 2 and it really annoys me i know big ant's main priority is to fix the x-box crashing bug while saving and exiting but i just want the big ant to please also try to iron out the frame rate issue.

Mode: Career
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any (when my player is bowling)
Get Best:yes
Description of Issue: its not a major issue but whenever i bowl the speed seems to be stuck at the same number (136.6) it only changes when i bowl a slower ball and even the slower ball's speed is fixed. the speed issue corrected itself when i had bowled 10 overs or so but when i came back after save and exiting, it persisted.

Thanks in advance to Ross and Co. for making the most brilliant cricket game yet.

I am also having the same issue with the speed of the bowling. 83.9 mph unless I bowl a faster or slower delivery.

i did play a few games all well then it started to happen again the freeze bug hope it can be sorted because its a great game

I look forward to hearing if this is the case. Good work.

34 overs into the odi saving regularly and not so regularly without a hitch

Restarted last nights save, played for 20 mins. Save/exited once I got my 50. Froze.

Just noticed I had the wireless dongle plugged in. Unplugged it, continued save, this time made 85 and saved successfully.

Last edited:
really hope the freeze issue gets fixed

just had 2 ace t20 games against pakistan on pro level

belted their spinners all over the park!

god i luv this game!!

thankfully they both saved too - as someone has already said - the tension of waiting to see if the game will save or not definitely has a dramatic edge to it (all be it an undesired dramatic edge)

I think i may have made a breakthrough re the saving bug. Get best teams have caused it to reappear, and yet reverting to out of the box fake name teams havent given me an issue. Will test further but if anyone can argue with that then id be interested to hear it

We will try this across a couple of boxes this morning. Thanks.

Online Problems

I seem to be having issues connecting online.

Last week I decided it was time to venture online and unleash my skills on the rest of the world. Since then, I've not been able to connect to a game or even come remotely close.

I am signed in to PSN and can download from the Academy with no problems.

But when I search for a quick match, I've not yet found anyone. This is despite a week of trying at various times of the day. I've left the quick match search running for periods of greater than an hour, with no luck.

Furthermore, when I try to setup custom match, I get an error, something about an error communicating with the PSN. This means I can't send out invites and play with friends. My problems with custom matches leads me to think that even the searching for quick matches functionality isn't working properly.

I am connected to PSN, can download from the academy and have no problems playing other games online. Does anyone have any idea on what issue I could be facing?

Last edited:
Dear All:
I install game on PC using xbox 360 usb controller. I figured out that all controls are not working. Extra buttons on front are not working for bollowing also in spin bowling spin meter is not working and u cant control spin amout with left analog stick. Please help.

Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):Any
Platform:PS3

Hi, first time poster, so my apologies if any of this has been covered already.

I love this game and the improvements patch 2 makes are awesome but I have experienced the following issues since the patch which were not there before patch 2:

1.In all game modes, I am experiencing really bad frame rate issues, I noticed it is especially bad when bowling and is so bad at times it causes me to continuously bowl no balls

2.Every single caught dismissal comes up saying "caught and bowled", but corrects its on the scorecard, so not major, but never had this before the patch

3.Lastly, to I wanted to start a T20 blast comp, so downloaded Llewellynf7's updated county teams, but everytime I went to assign kits or batting line ups for the different formats, the game froze and after 2 or so minutes kicked me back to the Ps3 dashboard

P.S. thank u big ant to listening to actual cricket fans and making us an awesome game ;-)

That option is for a tie (same scores for each side). Time being played out, will only ever be a draw.

In the match I mentioned, we played till the end of the match. that all the overs are completed. Still the match didn't end in draw.

----------

Is anyone able to leaderboard data after patch 2. Whenever I try it says unable to retreive leaderboard data

Any news? I didnt think you could get the game to freeze in the first place.

We can't but by doing the reverse of what you think fixes it we hope to make it crash.

We have had one crash this afternoon, yet to nail the reason why - hopefully it's related to your crash and we can issue a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread